The Organ Donor Leave (ODL) Program allows CSU employees, who have exhausted all available sick leave, the following leaves of absence with pay:
- A paid leave of absence not to exceed thirty (30) consecutive calendar days in any one (1) year period for an employee who is donating his or her organ to another person.
- A paid leave of absence not to exceed five (5) consecutive calendar days in any one (1) year period for an employee who is donating his or her bone marrow to another person.
- The employee must provide written verification specifying that the employee is an organ or bone marrow donor, and that the donation is medically necessary.
- If an employee is unable to return to work beyond the time or period that ODL was granted, the employee can apply existing vacation credits and/or compensatory time off to the absence, as deemed appropriate.
- ODL runs currently with the CSU Family Medical Leave Policy, and employees continue to receive benefits (if enrolled) while participating in ODL.
- The one (1) year period is a rolling year commencing on the first day of the organ donor leave.
- Please contact the HR Benefits Department for more information.