Pregnancy Disability Leave is an unpaid leave of up to four months per pregnancy for a female employee who is disabled as a result of pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition.
- This leave is available to employees as medically needed regardless of their length of service or time base.
- PDL can be taken consecutively or intermittently.
- As an example, PDL may include, but is not limited to, additional or more frequent breaks, time for prenatal or postnatal medical appointments, or any related condition.
- CSU policy requires employees to apply the appropriate accrued sick leave credits to PDL to maintain pay status during the disabled period.
- In addition, employees may be eligible for Non-Industrial Disability Insurance (NDI), administered by the Employment Development Department (EDD).
For more information, please download the Pregnancy Leave Pamphlet.
Requesting Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL):
- Please contact the HR Benefits Department at 909-537- 5143 to schedule an appointment to receive and discuss necessary paperwork.