Students who feel they are having a medical emergency should immediately call 911.
If you have an urgent health or psychiatric need, please go to urgent care or your nearest hospital emergency room. For locations, see the Emergencies and After-Hours information on this website.
The Student Health Center is open and providing in-person and phone/virtual "telehealth" appointments.
Self-scheduling is now available via the patient portal for select visits. Not all appointments may be available for self-scheduling. If your concern is not listed please call us at (909) 537 - 5241.
For the safety of all our visitors and our staff, if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- cough/cold, sore throat, fever or a rash,
- or been in close contact with someone with a positive COVID test,
- or have tested positive within the last 5 days,
- or waiting for COVID test results;
Please ask to speak to our medical staff at (909) 537-5241 before coming into the Student Health Center.
If you are experiencing any respiratory illness symptoms, face coverings are required and should be worn while inside the Student Health Center.
What to Expect When You Arrive
- Bring your student ID and face covering to your appointment. Face coverings are required while inside the Student Health Center. If you do not have one, you will be provided with a face covering.
- Your appointment time is your check-in time; please plan to check in no later than your scheduled appointment time and, if possible, please check in online and complete any online forms before entering the building.
- The Student Health Center is currently using two entrances for in-person appointments.
- A staff member will meet you at your appointment time at the main entrance. If you arrive and a staff member is not present, please call 909-537-5241 for notification of arrival.
- You will be screened for your current temperature and other COVID-19 symptoms before entering. You will be asked to show your student ID and wear your face covering.
- When you enter the building, you will be directed to sanitize your hands and will be escorted to your exam room to wait for your nurse or provider.
- At this time, the Student Health Center is limiting visitors to patients with an appointment only. Anyone who arrives with you for your appointment will be asked to wait outside the building until your appointment has been completed.
The Student Health Center staff is committed to serving our students and we welcome your calls at (909) 537-5241. Our hours of operation are: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and Tuesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. We are closed Saturday, Sunday and all campus holidays. You may also call (855) 262-5562 after-hours for our non-emergency nurse advice line.
COVID-19 Immunization Appointments
For more information regarding COVID-19 immunization appointments for all counties in California please visit: COVID-19 immunization appointments.
For a complete list of vaccination locations, please visit the following county websites:
To stay up to date with CSUSB’s COVID-19 resources and planning, please visit the CSUSB COVID-19 website.
To Clear Immunization Holds:
(for COVID-19 vaccination certification, see previous section)
Immunization records can only be accepted by mail or through the Patient Portal at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience, we cannot accept records by fax or e-mail. Federal regulations (HIPAA) prohibit accepting personal, confidential, medical, or immunization documentation through e-mail.
- Currently enrolled students can upload your immunization records via the Patient Portal. (NOT FOR COVID-19 VACCINE VERIFICATION) Please navigate to the "Downloadable Forms" tabs, and then select "Upload" under the Immunization Records Section. Make sure to "Save" at the bottom of the page after uploading your records.
- Or send them by mail to:
Attn: Student Health Center, CSUSB
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
- Please include your Coyote Identification Number (Coyote ID) with your records.
Holds will be cleared once documentation has been received and approved. Hold lifts are not automatic.
If you need further assistance, please call: (909) 537-5241.
COVID-19 Questions or for Support Regarding COVID-19
The California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) has launched a free 24/7 Medi-Nurse advice line for COVID-19 symptoms, testing and treatment questions. Please call: (877) 409-9052. This service is open to anyone who does not have insurance, or is a Medi-Cal beneficiary, but does not have a regular doctor or managed care plan to oversee their care.
If you are experiencing an increase in stress due to the Coronavirus, the CDC is offering support. Please either call, text, or follow this link to connect with support to help manage stress and anxiety.
Text: TalkWithUs to 66746
Text: HABLANOS to 66746
The San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health also is providing no-cost mental health support during the COVID-19 outbreak. To speak with specially trained staff who can listen and provide you with support and mental health resources, please call any of the numbers below. Calls are confidential and free of charge and they are available daily from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm.
(Dial 7-1-1 for TTY users)
The Riverside County Department of Behavioral Health provides 24/7 Mental Health Urgent Care
You can also dial them directly for assistance:
Riverside: (951) 509-2499
Palm Springs: (442) 268-7000
Perris: (951) 349-4195
The Riverside University Health System – Public Health and Behavioral Health have also provided a reference guide for Coping with Stress During Infectious Disease Outbreaks
The CSUSB Student Health Center supports students' academic success by providing high quality accessible health and psychiatric care as well as health education and wellness services in a safe, confidential and compassionate environment.
The Student Health Center provides first aid and basic out-patient care services. We have a full time staff Monday through Friday to care for your needs. First aid is always available during clinic hours to anyone on campus. Please dial 911 for emergencies from anywhere on campus for assistance. We are staffed with Doctors, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Medical Assistants, and a Pharmacy. Our center has contracted with local lab and X-ray services for our students. Our psychiatric services are limited to psychiatric medication evaluation and management. For counseling or therapy services please contact Counseling and Psychological Services. They also have a full time staff of Marriage and Family Therapists, Clinical Social Workers, Psychologists and supervised interns.
Health services are also offered at the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus in the R.D. and Joan Dale Hubbard Student Health and Psychological Counseling Center located in HS-119.
As an enrolled student at CSUSB, you pay a Student Health Fee and are eligible for health and counseling services at the Student Health Center and Counseling & Psychological Services office. Your Student Health Fee supports and finances the operation of the Health Center. Although basic health care is provided, treatment for major illnesses and injury (e.g., motor vehicle accidents), as well as certain conditions requiring a specialist or hospitalization, are beyond the scope of service. Students are referred to an outside provider for these illnesses or injuries and it is the student's responsibility to pay the costs associated with the referral. It is important to carry health insurance. Faculty and staff are not eligible for services except in case of emergency.
Please call ahead to schedule an appointment and with any inquiries you may have. There is no charge for routine office visits.
Typical types of clinic services offered are listed below. Some charges may apply.
- Physicals: nursing, sports, teaching, pre-employment
- Birth control: pill, ring, implant, IUCs, depo; medication abortion
- Emergency contraception, Sexually Transmitted Infection testing, pap smears
- Vaccines: Hepatitis B, MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), TDAP (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis), flu shots
- TB skin test: 2 appointments required
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
The Student Health Center is committed to providing the best possible service to our students. Please take a minute to become more familiar with your Patient Rights and Responsibilities.
We are committed to preserving the privacy of your personal health information. The Student Health Center is a covered entity under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). HIPAA is United States legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information. We are required by Federal regulations and California law to protect the privacy of your medical information and to provide you with this notice:
This NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you get access to this information.
Please read it carefully.
Concerns or Comments
Student concerns may be addressed to: Beth Jaworski, Ph.D., Executive Director of Health, Counseling and Wellness, and sent via e-mail to: Bjaworsk@csusb.edu. A suggestion box is available in the waiting room and the contents addressed per the Quality Improvement committee. A patient satisfaction survey is conducted annually. Trends are analyzed and adjustments made as needed. A patient may appeal to the Title IX director, University Ombuds Services, or the Associate Vice President of Student Affairs. This reporting policy is posted on the patient Rights and Responsibilities poster displayed in the Health Center.
One of the most important things we do to earn your trust is to participate voluntarily in the quality assessment program of the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). We have earned AAAHC Accreditation for over 25 years. Our long-standing accreditation tells you that AAAHC's independent team of health care professionals has taken a close look at us and has found that we meet their rigorous, nationally recognized standards for quality health care services.