Main Content Region



Where do I go for questions about specific areas of Human Resources (e.g. Benefits, Classification & Compensation Services, Employee & Labor Relations, and Talent Acquisition)?

In this document, we’ve anticipated the most commonly asked questions. Please review the specific HR discipline and if your question is still not answered, contact that specific function or our main HR phone line at (909) 537-5138 or visit the main HR office in SH-110. Information is also available on the HR website

Where do I get information on In-Range Progressions, Reclassification, and/or Stipends?

The information can be found in both your collective bargaining agreement accessible through the HR website and your respective union website. 

Who is my Payroll Technician?

For the most up-to-date information, email and/or view the Payroll Services website.

I am resigning from CSUSB, who do I contact to separate from the University?

There are several steps to take when resigning from the University. Much of the steps to take can be found on Separation Process webpage.

What is the effective date of HR’s transition from an HR generalist model to an HR specialist model?

The changes will be effective February 2020. However, due to position vacancies, some of our HR team members may be supporting more than one area in the interim.

Who do I call to view my official HR/Personnel file?

Please email to request an appointment.

Where can I get more information about these changes?

You may reference the HR Refresh PowerPoint presentation or contact HR to learn more about the transition.


I have an HR question but don’t know who to contact. What should I do?

Call the main HR phone line at (909) 537-5138 or visit the main HR Office in SH-110. You may also continue to read through this FAQ and reference the What’s What in HR page to learn more about who you should contact.

Where is HR located?

Members of the HR Team can be found in two buildings, Sierra Hall and the Pfau Library (“Wedge”). Located in Sierra Hall is Benefits, Classification & Compensation Services, Customer & Operational Support, DHR & Compliance, Diversity & Inclusion, Employee & Labor Relations, Payroll Services, Student Employment, and Talent Acquisition. The Staff Development Center is located in PL-1104, first floor of the Pfau Libray (Wedge).

Who is my HR Manager?

With the move away from the HR Generalist to the HR Specialist model, there is no longer a designated HR Manager for each area. Please review the information in this document as well as the HR website for a list of HR personnel contact information. 

Who do I contact if I have a question about my recruitment?

Contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team by calling (909) 537-5138 or stop by Sierra Hall, Room 110.

Can I still contact my previous HR Manager with my recruitment questions?

Please contact Talent Acquisition regarding your recruitment questions since we no longer have an HR Manager assigned to departments, colleges, and divisions.


When can I enroll in the VSP Premier upgraded plan?

Within the first 60 days of your hire date or during Open Enrollment you must contact VSP directly to enroll, cancel or add/remove dependents.

Can I use the CSU Fee Waiver to attend any college/university?

No. The CSU Fee Waiver can only be applied to a California State University campus.

Where is the Benefits office located?

Benefits personnel are located in Sierra Hall, Room 113.

How can I contact the Benefits office?

By phone, (909) 537–5143 or ext. 75143. By email: For fee waivers, email  Drop-in visits will not be allowed, so you must make an appointment in advance. When you arrive, you will need to check-in with the HR Customer Service Desk on the south-east side of Sierra Hall by SH-134.

What can Benefits assist with?

1) General benefit questions regarding eligibility, enrollment and changes, 2) Fee waiver questions, 3) Retirement questions and consultations, and 4) Leaves information and consultations.

When can I change my health or dental plan?

Once a year, during Open Enrollment (usually in September/October), employees can change, enroll or cancel their health or dental plans and many other voluntary benefits.

When will Open Enrollment changes begin?

All changes made during Open Enrollment will begin on January 1st of the new plan year. Emails are sent to Colleagues listserv from CSUSB Benefits – Human Resources with important information about new health plan rates and plan changes. Deductions will be withheld from the December pay period check.

Can I change my doctor or dental office any time?

Yes. Call your HMO plan directly at the number on your card (health plan or DeltaCare USA dental plan). If you call before the 10th of each month, the change can be effective the first (1st) of the next month.

If I enroll myself in the VSP Premier upgraded plan, do I need to enroll my dependents too?

Yes. If you only enroll yourself, your dependents will not be covered in either the Basic or Premier Vision plan.


How do I change my address?

To request address changes, please go to the Forms webpage to obtain the Employee Action Request form. Please send the completed form to Address changes take approximately 24- 48 hours to be updated in PeopleSoft. 

Where do I send my Employment Verification request?

Who do I call to view my official HR/Personnel file?

Please email to request an appointment.

I’d like to make an appointment to meet with AVP of Human Resources. Who do I call?

Please call the HR office at (909) 537-5138 to request an appointment.

Where do I find information on the Employee Separation Process?

For information on the Employee Separation Process please visit the Separation Process webpage.

Where do I find the CSUSB Volunteer Identification form?

HR Forms are located on the Forms webpage. The Volunteer Form can be found under “Other Forms” located at the bottom of the webpage. 

Talent Acquisition

What is Talent Acquisition?

Talent Acquisition at CSUSB is a team of HR professionals responsible for attracting and recruiting talent to CSUSB, both for our San Bernardino and Palm Desert campuses.

Talent Acquisition at CSUSB is a team of HR professionals responsible for attracting and recruiting
talent to CSUSB, both for our San Bernardino and Palm Desert campuses.

Please join the Talent Acquisition Team for an informational session overview Details are below:

Talent Acquisition Overview: In this session, our newly formed Talent Acquisition team will highlight processes and procedures relating to pre-recruitment, post-recruitment, and off-boarding. Staff and administrators involved in recruitment requisitions and search committees are highly encouraged to attend!

Talent Acquisition Overview       February 25       2:00pm – 3:00pm       CE-302
Talent Acquisition Overview       March 9             10:30am – 11:30am       SMSU Center

Registration: No need to register, walk-ins welcome. If you need an accommodation to attend a session,
please contact HR at least 72 hours in advance by calling (909) 537-5138 or email at

Where can I check the status of my application?

Please email or call 909-597-4415.

I work for CSUSB and need to submit a request to have a position filled. Where do I begin?

Please review the Initiating a Recruitment: Create a Position Description and Job Card training guides to assist you with the first steps. Once complete, feel free to email or call 909-597-4415.