An Open Enrollment period is scheduled each year to allow employees to make changes in their benefits. Currently, the Open Enrollment period is scheduled for September 9th through October 4, 2019 with changes becoming effective on January 1, 2020. During Open Enrollment, employees can make the following changes:
- Enroll/Remove self and/or eligible dependents from medical, dental and/or vision plans
- Change medical, dental, and/or vision plans
- Enroll/Cancel the Flexcash Plan (Cash in lieu of health or dental plan)
- Enroll/Re-enroll in the Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (Childcare expenses)
- Enroll/Re-enroll in the Health Care Reimbursement Account (medical, dental and/or vision related expenses not covered by your plans)
- Enroll/Opt out of the Tax Advantage Premium Plan (Allows pre-tax deduction for monthly medical plan cost)
- Enroll/Opt out of MetLife Hyatt Legal Plan (Must contact MetLife directly)
- Enroll/Opt out of VSP Premier upgraded plan and/or add or remove dependents
Next open enrollment will begin September 2020.
Note: If you are a new or current CSU Retiree and need more information regarding your open enrollment period, please visit the CSU Retirees Website. All Open Enrollment changes are processed through CalPERS, Chancellor’s Office or the company directly.