Virtual Solutions & Campus Benefits Fairs
September 29, 2021 from 10 am to 12 pm
September 30, 2021 from 1 pm to 3 pm
October 1, 2021 from 10 am to 12 pm
In addition to the benefits information for Open Enrollment on CSYou, this year a new virtual solutions portal has been created exclusively for our employees to provide them with additional access to benefits information during the pandemic. This new virtual solution will also host your campus LIVE Benefits Fairs, which are scheduled for September 29, 2021 from 10 am to 12 pm, September 30, 2021 from 1 pm to 3 pm, and October 1, 2021 from 10 am to 12 pm. Employees are welcome to join any of these sessions and do not need to attend all three. At these LIVE events, you’ll be able to chat with providers and your campus HR Benefits Team. You must REGISTER to get access to this portal and the Benefits Fair.
If you aren't making changes to your health and/or dental plan(s) or re-enrolling in HCRA/DCRA, no action is needed through HR Benefits. However, voluntary plans require the employee to contact the plan provider directly by phone or website (see brochure).
Open Enrollment Period
An Open Enrollment period is scheduled each year to allow employees to make changes in their benefits. Currently, the Open Enrollment period is scheduled for September 20th through October 15th, 2021 with changes becoming effective on January 1, 2022. During Open Enrollment, employees can make the following changes:
- Enroll/Remove self and/or eligible dependents from medical, dental and/or vision plans.
- Change medical, dental, and/or vision plans
- Enroll/Cancel the Flexcash Plan (Cash in lieu of health or dental plan)
- Enroll/Re-enroll in the Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (Childcare expenses)
- Enroll/Re-enroll in the Health Care Reimbursement Account (medical, dental and/or vision related expenses not covered by your plans).
- Enroll/Opt out of the Tax Advantage Premium Plan (Allows pre-tax deduction for monthly medical plan cost)
- Enroll/Opt out of MetLife Hyatt Legal Plan (Must contact MetLife directly) by visiting https://www.metlife.com/csu/ or calling (800) 438-6388.
- Enroll/Opt out of VSP Premier upgraded plan and/or add or remove dependents (must contact VSP directly).
- Please review the Benefits Worksheet User Guide for further instructions on how to fill out the electronic Benefits Worksheet.
Making Open Enrollment Changes
To make changes, employees must complete a Benefits Worksheet. To access the Benefits Worksheet, please follow the steps below:
- Log in to MyCoyote (for optimal viewing, please use Chrome or Firefox)
- Go to My Employment
- Go to Benefits Worksheet
- Click the "Create New Requests" button
To enroll/change/cancel in DCRA_HCRA, complete the Benefits Worksheet and the DCRA_HCRA form. Save the completed, initialed, signed and dated DCRA_HCRA form. Upload it to the Benefits Worksheet and submit it.
Please review our Open Enrollment Worksheet Example for step by step instructions on how to fill out your Open Enrollment Worksheet.
Remember to access the portal on or after September 20th but before close of business on October 15th to request your Open Enrollment change. This is your once a year opportunity to change your medical or dental plan or make any of the changes listed under Open Enrollment Period.
Please review the Benefits Worksheet Tutorial for further instructions on completing the electronic Benefits Worksheet.
Note: If you are a new or current CSU Retiree and need more information regarding your open enrollment period, please visit the CSU Retirees Website. All Open Enrollment changes are processed through CalPERS, Chancellor’s Office or the company directly.
Important Changes to Note:
If you need to make any changes please take ACTION before Friday, October 15th.
Premiums have changed for all plans for 2022. Visit CalPERS.ca.gov for details on rate changes and network changes shown below.
PERS Care, PERS Choice and PERS Select will transition to two plans, PERS Platinum (Care and Choice) and PERS Gold (Select). If you are enrolled in PERS Care and PERS Choice and do not make a change during the Open Enrollment period, you and your enrolled family members will automatically be moved to PERS Platinum. If you are enrollment in PERS Select, and do not make a change during the Open Enrollment period, you and your enrolled family members will automatically be moved to PERS Gold. Due to changes in the PERS Care and PERS Choice PPOs consolidating, the health plan premiums will increase for those employees who were enrolled in PERS Choice.
- PERS Care: Transition to PERS Platinum. Retains the same 90/10 benefit design, and network as PERS Care/PERS Choice
- PERS Choice: Transition to PERS Platinum. Offers a 90/10 benefit design, and retains the network of PERS Care/PERS Choice.
- PERS Select: Transition to PERS Gold. Retains the same 80/20 benefit design and network as PERS Select
- Blue Shield Trio is expanding its service to include the following counties: Santa Cruz, Orange and Stanislaus.
- Blue Shield Access+ is reentering eight Bay Area counties: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Sonoma and Solano.
- Blue Shield Access+ EPO is expanding into Lassen and Shasta Counties.
- UnitedHealthcare Signature Value Harmony is entering the following counties: Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, and San Diego counties.
Vision Service Plan (VSP) New Plan Enhancements. Employees will enjoy higher frame and lenses allowances, ultra violet (UV) protection and the VSP Primary EyeCare Plan. This plan includes, for members with diabetes, retinal screenings and additional exams. There are also services available to members with glaucoma or age related macular degeneration, and the treatment and diagnosis of eye conditions like pink eye, vision loss and cataracts, at no additional cost or premium increase.
No action is needed to stick with your Basic Plan—or you can upgrade to the Premier Plan and enjoy enhanced coverage. Plus, enjoy the new plan enhancements listed above with no premium increase!
California State University benefit eligible employees have the option of two affordable, easy-to-use vision plans. Select the Premier Plan, providing a richer benefit than your Basic Plan for a small monthly fee.
Note: when you upgrade to the Premier Plan, you must also enroll any dependents you wish to be covered, or they will lose their coverage. For additional information or to enroll in VSP Premier, visit csuactives.vspforme.com or call (800) 400-4569.
ASI Flex will automatically issue a set of two ASIFlex Cards for all first time Health Care Reimbursement Account participants newly enrolling, without the hassle of completing a debit card request form. The ASIFlex Card can be used to pay for qualifying expenses. Employees who currently have a valid ASIFlex Card may continue to use their current card until it expires. For more information about the ASIFlex Card, see the ASIFlex Quick Guide.
Transferring Personal Information with MoveIt
If you need to send additional personal information (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.) after you complete your Benefits Worksheet, follow the instructions below to access MOVEit to securely transmit your information.
- Log in to MyCoyote
- Go to Collaborate
- Go to MOVEit
- Select Send Package
- Enter email@example.com in To
- Enter Open Enrollment Change in Subject
- Add a brief description of what your benefit change is
- Upload supporting documentation (marriage or birth certificate, Social Security card, proof of residence, etc.)
- Under Options check Delivery Receipts
- Click Send