Virtual Solutions & Campus Benefits Fair
(October 5, 2020 from 11 am to 1 pm)
You must REGISTER before October 4th to attend!!
In addition to the benefits information for Open Enrollment on CSYou, this year a new virtual solution has been created exclusively for our employees—providing additional access to benefits information during the pandemic. This new virtual solution will also host your campus LIVE Benefits Fair, which is scheduled for October 5, 2020 from 11-1. At the LIVE event, you’ll be able to chat with providers and your campus HR team, and could even win prizes! Check your Colleagues email from Benefits@csusb.edu or Lisa White for the link. You must REGISTER to get access to this website, which also hosts your campus Benefit Fair. So don’t delay, registration opened on Tuesday, September 8.
Open Enrollment Period
An Open Enrollment period is scheduled each year to allow employees to make changes in their benefits. Currently, the Open Enrollment period is scheduled for September 21st through October 16th, 2020 with changes becoming effective on January 1, 2021. During Open Enrollment, employees can make the following changes:
- Enroll/Remove self and/or eligible dependents from medical, dental and/or vision plans
- Change medical, dental, and/or vision plans
- Enroll/Cancel the Flexcash Plan (Cash in lieu of health or dental plan)
- Enroll/Re-enroll in the Dependent Care Reimbursement Account (Childcare expenses)
- Enroll/Re-enroll in the Health Care Reimbursement Account (medical, dental and/or vision related expenses not covered by your plans).
- Enroll/Opt out of the Tax Advantage Premium Plan (Allows pre-tax deduction for monthly medical plan cost)
- Enroll/Opt out of MetLife Hyatt Legal Plan (Must contact MetLife directly) by visiting https://www.metlife.com/csu/ or calling (800) 438-6388.
- Enroll/Opt out of VSP Premier upgraded plan and/or add or remove dependents
- Please review the Benefits Worksheet User Guide for further instructions on how to fill out the electronic Benefits Worksheet.
Making Open Enrollment Changes
You will make your Open Enrollment changes in the myCoyote portal. To get started, click the "My Employment" tile within the portal then click the “Benefits Worksheet” tile. To enroll/change/cancel in DCRA_HCRA, complete the Benefits Worksheet (in myCoyote portal) and the DCRA_HCRA form. Save the completed, initialed, signed and dated DCRA_HCRA form. Upload it when you submit the Benefits Worksheet.
Remember to access the portal on or after September 21st but before close of business on October 16th to request your Open Enrollment change. This is your once a year opportunity to change your medical or dental plan or make any of the changes listed under Open Enrollment Period. For optimal viewing, access the portal using Chrome or Firefox.
Please review the Benefits Worksheet Tutorial for further instructions on completing the electronic Benefits Worksheet.
Note: If you are a new or current CSU Retiree and need more information regarding your open enrollment period, please visit the CSU Retirees Website. All Open Enrollment changes are processed through CalPERS, Chancellor’s Office or the company directly.
Important Changes to Note:
If you’re interested in any of these voluntary benefits, you need to take ACTION before Friday, October 16th. Don’t wait, call today.
- VSP Premier Plan - VSP Premier Plan is lowering their monthly premium costs with no changes to the existing plan benefits. Visit www.csuactives.vspforme.com or call (800) 400-4569 to enroll before October 16, 2020. View VSP Vision Coverage.
- Health Care Reimbursement Account (HCRA) - HCRA will issue all FSA participants a set of two ASI Flex cards to pay for qualifying expenses at no additional cost. You may contribute $229.17 per month or $2,750 for the year. The minimum monthly contribution is still $20. View HCRA Brochure.
- MetLife Legal Plan - MetLife Legal Plan can be enrolled or cancelled during Open Enrollment only. To learn more, visit www.metlife.com/mybenefits or call (800) 438-6388.
- California Casualty - Provides employees with great rates for auto/home/renters insurance. Visit www.calcas.com/CSU or call (866) 680-5142 for options.
- Nationwide Pet Insurance - Offers various way to protect your pet’s accidents, illness, preventative care and wellness services. Visit www.petinsurance.com/calstate or call (877) 738-7874.
Transferring Personal Information with MoveIt
If you need to send additional personal information (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.) after you complete your Benefits Worksheet, follow the instructions below to access MOVEit to securely transmit your information.
- Log in to MyCoyote
- Go to Collaborate
- Go to MOVEit
- Select Send Package
- Enter email@example.com in To
- Enter Open Enrollment Change in Subject
- Add a brief description of what your benefit change is
- Upload supporting documentation (marriage or birth certificate, Social Security card, proof of residence, etc.)
- Under Options check Delivery Receipts
- Click Send