Life Matters by Empathia
LifeMatters is a free employee assistance program offered to CSUSB employees and their families when they are in need of helpful guidance, counseling, local resources or reliable professional care.
- Eligible employees and any members of their household, including dependents living away from home, have 24-hour access to confidential services that support emotional well-being, safety and productivity in the workplace.
- Some of the services provided include but are not limited to:
- Short-term counseling - receive up to 6 sessions, for each problem.
- Work/life resources for child and elder care information to assist with care options, financial concerns, and legal issues.
- Financial consultation referral with a certified financial counselor for budgeting, credit report review or correction, mortgage and loan information, debt management and consolidation, college or retirement planning.
- Legal consultation with an attorney for consumer law, traffic citations, family law, estate planning and other personal law issues.
- Professional development information.
- Convenience resources for volunteer opportunities and pet care.
- Critical incident stress management.
- Skills coaching for adjusting to change, stress reduction, resiliency, time management, assertiveness, conflict management, goal strategies, creativity, tact and responsiveness, communication and more.
- Healthy living services promoting health and wellness through a six (6) week telephonic Tobacco Cessation Program or a Baby Welcome Program for expectant mothers to receive a voucher for a free diaper bag and sample newborn products.
- Online self-assessments for adaptation to change, alcohol and drug abuse, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, gambling, nicotine addiction, obsessive-compulsive behavior, post-traumatic stress disorder, relationships and stress.
- Employee’s use of this service and the information shared is confidential, except when the employee’s safety or the safety of another individual may be at risk.
For more information, please visit the Life Matters Website. Please contact HR Benefits at Ext. 75143 for the company password you will need to log in. You can also contact Life Matters 24/7 at 1-800-367-7474.