Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) is designed to help protect you and your beneficiaries in the event of death or dismemberment as a result of a covered accident.
The advantages to you include:
- Convenience. With premiums deducted directly from your paycheck, you don’t have to worry about mailing monthly payments.
- Savings. Typically, group insurance rates are lower than the rates of individual insurance plans, generally providing you with coverage at a lower cost.
- Choice. You decide how much coverage you want from the range of amounts available.
- Flexibility. If your needs change, you can apply to change the amount of your coverage. Take it with you. Should your employment end, you may be eligible to continue your coverage (portability) at the same rates.
- Peace of Mind. You will take pride and satisfaction in knowing that you have done something positive for your family’s future.
- For more information, please review the Accidental Death and Dismemberment Brochure and visit The Standard Website to enroll. You can also contact them directly at 800.378.5745 if you have any questions.