Eligible employees are covered under an employer paid long-term disability (LTD) plan through Standard Insurance Company, which continues the income for employees who qualify while they are disabled.
- Currently, employer paid LTD is available for Unit 1, Unit 3, Unit 4, M80 and M98 (eligibility requirements apply).
- Eligible employees will be enrolled automatically and they will be unable to purchase additional voluntary coverage.
- Benefits are payable after the employee has been continuously disabled for the entire waiting period (180 days).
- To qualify for benefits for the first 24 months, the employee must be disabled from performing the material duties of his or her occupation.
- After 24 months, benefits are payable if the employee is disabled from performing the material duties of any occupation for which he or she is reasonably fitted by education, training and experience.
- This benefit pays 66 2/3 percent of an employee's pre-disability earnings. The amount is reduced by other income the employee is eligible to receive because of disability, and subject to a maximum benefit of $10,000 per month. (Maximum benefit for executives is $15,000).
- The CSU pays the entire premium for this insurance.
- For more detailed information, please visit The Standard Insurance Company website or download the Long Term Disability Insurance Brochure and Certificate.