Employees who are eligible for medical/dental insurance and have other non-CSU group coverage that is not a federal/state sponsored program can elect to waive CSU coverage in exchange for a monthly cash payment:
- Medical and dental: $140
- Medical only: $128
- Dental only: $12
- Eligible employees can enroll in FlexCash within 60 calendar days from:
- Date of hire
- Date other coverage was gained
- If an employee misses the 60 day window, enrollment can only occur during Open Enrollment (annually in September/October).
- Employee must certify that they have alternative non-CSU group medical and/or dental coverage that is not a federal/state sponsored program and provide proof.
- State sponsored programs include but are not limited to Tricare, Medicare, Medi-Cal and Covered California.
- Required documents: non-CSU group medical and/or dental insurance cards
- Employees are not eligible to participate if covered as the dependent of another CSU employee.
- FlexCash payment is treated as taxable income and it is subject to payroll taxes.
- For more detailed information, please review the FlexCash Brochure.