Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Pre-Nursing, 2nd Bac)
Professional nursing is a dynamic career with many opportunities. Registered Nursing is a prime occupation for job and professional growth. RNs are always in demand in California and other states. If you are looking to prepare for a fulfilling career in Nursing, look no further than the Bachelor of Science in Nursing at CSUSB. The baccalaureate degree in nursing at California State University San Bernardino is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The pre-licensure BSN program prepares the graduate to take the national RN licensure examination (NCLEX-RN) and begin professional nursing practice. The baccalaureate degree in nursing also prepares graduates for advanced nursing education required to enter advanced practice nursing roles.
Two cohorts are admitted annually to the San Bernardino campus, Fall and Winter. One cohort is admitted annually to the Palm Desert campus in Fall term.
Program Coordinator: Angie Gagalang
Location: HP 231
Pre-Nursing's Department Page | Pre-Nursing's Bulletin Page
- The application must be submitted by April 1 for Fall term and July 1 for Winter term;
- Completion of the ATI-TEAS pre-admission examination, with a score of at least 70, by the admission application deadline;
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 overall;
- A grade of at least C (2.0) in each prerequisite course;
- Completion of at least half of the science and at least half of the non-science prerequisite support courses listed below is a minimum to be considered for admission, with a cumulative GPA in the completed prerequisite courses of at least 3.0.
|Winter 2020||Spring 2020||Fall 2020||Spring 2021|
|Not Offered||Not Offered||11/30/2019||TBA|
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN, PostBac)
The RN to BSN program is for individuals who already possess a California RN license. It is offered at both the San Bernardino and the Palm Desert Campus. At PDC, the RN to BSN program is hybrid, with courses offered mostly via distance learning.
The CSUSB RN to BSN hybrid program provides an opportunity to earn the BSN with a combination of online and traditional classroom instruction, allowing face-to-face interaction with a faculty member.
During on-line activities, students are expected to log on to Blackboard learning management system and participate in course discussions. There are two clinical rotations in the program that requires students to attend pre-arranged community sites and/or hospital agencies. Prior to being able to complete this learning activity, students must demonstrate compliance with the nursing department requirements.
Program Coordinator: Angie Gagalang
Location: HP 231
RN to BSN's Department Page | RN to BSN's Bulletin Page
Requirements for admission to the BSN program are:
- Proof of current California RN license.
- Grade of C (2.0) or higher for each pre-requisite and other courses required for the major.
- Completion of pre-requisite courses before starting the RN to BSN program.
Applicants may have required courses in progress, as long as the courses are completed before the student begins their first RN to BSN nursing course.
The following prerequisite support courses are required for admission:
- Pre-requisite science courses:
- BIOL 220 Principles of Microbiology (5)
- BIOL 223 Human Physiology and Anatomy I (5)
- BIOL 224 Human Physiology and Anatomy II (5)
- CHEM 205 Fundamentals of Chemistry I: General Chemistry (5)
- Pre-requisite non-science courses:
- English: 107, 104A, 104B, 106 A, or 106 B (4)
- Critical Thinking: Comm 180, Hon 104A, Math 180, Phil 105, Phil 200, Psyc 105, or Soc 180 (4)
- Oral Communication: Comm 120 (4)
- Math 165, Introductory Statistics and Hypothesis Testing (4)
|Fall 2019||Winter 2020||Spring 2020||Fall 2020|
|12/15/2018||Not Offered||Not Offered||TBA|
Online Criminal Justice 2nd BA Program
Program Description:The College of Extended and Global Education, in partnership with the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences, is offering an online BA in Criminal Justice Degree Completion program. This program offers a broad range of courses to provide you with a comprehensive and solid background for entering or advancing in the criminal justice field. Courses focus on law enforcement, corrections, courts, and various aspects of crime including terrorism, drugs, white collar crime, and victimization. Program Coordinator: Dr. Janine KremlingPhone: 909-537-5566Email: email@example.comLocation: SB 209HCriminal Justice Online's Department Page | Criminal Justice Online's Bulletin Page Application Requirements:
- $55 application fee
- Submit official transcripts from each college attended. Any AP scores will need to be submitted as well to ensure test credits transfer.
|Summer 2019||Fall 2019||Winter 2020||Spring 2020||Fall 2020|
- 60 semester (90 quarter) units of transferrable coursework taken at a community college or regionally accredited university
- Completion of lower-division general education requirements, including CSU History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement. For more information on the General Education requirements, please visit the CSUSB Bulletin.
- 2.7 minimum GPA
- Completion of the two prerequisite courses: Introduction to the Criminal Justice System and Introduction to Criminal Law. *May fulfill the requirement at CSUSB or community colleges after admission.