The Graduate Equity Fellowship seeks to increase the diversity of students completing graduate degree programs at the CSU, encourages continuation toward doctoral programs, and promotes consideration of university faculty careers. It provides fellowships for economically disadvantaged CSU students who have had success in overcoming educational disadvantages and promotes faculty mentoring and research opportunities.
Under this program at CSUSB, awardees may be awarded either a Graduate Program Fellowship or a Graduate Studies Fellowship.
Applications for the 2020-2021 academic year are now closed. Information about the 2021-2022 academic year will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
Application Open: TBD
Application Deadline: TBD, for the 2021-2022 academic year.
To be eligible for a Graduate Equity Fellowship, you must:
- Be a California resident or have an AB540 affidavit on file;
- Be admitted to, or currently in, a CSUSB master's a graduate program by the effective date of the award*;
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) and have a financial need of at least $1,000;
- Enroll at least half-time in an eligible graduate degree; and
- Demonstrate the potential to succeed in graduate school and to complete a graduate degree program in no more than two years as evidenced by undergraduate coursework and letters of recommendation.
*You may apply for the Graduate Equity Fellowship prior to notification of admission. If selected, your award will be contingent on your acceptance to your graduate program.
How to Apply: Apply through the CSUSB Scholarship Site.
In order to be considered for the Graduate Equity Fellowship you must complete the Graduate Equity Fellowship personal statement and two letters of recommendation from faculty members must be requested and completed. Applicants must be enrolled in a master’s degree program at CSUSB for the term the award is scheduled to be distributed.
Review the Graduate Equity Fellowship Instructions for more information on how to apply.
Graduate Program Fellowship
- Dollar Amount: $500 - $2,000 award.
- Activities: Determined by each graduate program and awardees are encouraged to attend Graduate Studies events.
Graduate Studies Fellowship
- Dollar Amount: $4,500 awarded to one student in each college.
- Activities: Graduate Studies Fellows are invited to attend Graduate Studies events, may represent graduate students at these events, and be asked to assist in outreach or other activities that support building a community of graduate scholars.
For information on applying for the Graduate Equity Fellowship contact:
- April Lane, Graduate Equity Fellowship Coordinator, Office of Graduate Studies: (909) 537-7381
For information about your financial aid or financial eligibility for the Graduate Equity Fellowship contact:
- The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships or call (909) 537-5227.