The Graduate Equity Fellowship seeks to increase the diversity of students completing graduate degree programs at the CSU, encourages continuation toward doctoral programs, and promotes consideration of university faculty careers. It provides fellowships for economically disadvantaged CSU students who have had success in overcoming educational disadvantages and promotes faculty mentoring and research opportunities.
Under this program at CSUSB, awardees may be awarded either a Graduate Studies Fellowship or a Graduate Program Fellowship.
Application Open: January 1, 2020
Application Deadline: March 2, 2020, for the 2020-2021 academic year.
To be eligible for a Graduate Equity Fellowship, you must:
- Be a California resident or have an AB540 affidavit on file with your CSU campus;
- Be admitted to a CSU campus and to a graduate program as a classified or conditionally classified student;
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) and have a financial need of at least $1,000;
- Enroll at least half-time in an eligible graduate degree; and
- Demonstrate the potential to succeed in graduate school and to complete a graduate degree program in no more than two years as evidenced by undergraduate coursework and letters of recommendation.
How to Apply: Apply through the CSUSB Scholarship Site. In order to be considered for the fellowship, an applicant must complete the Graduate Equity Fellowship personal statement and have three confidential letters of recommendation from faculty members. Applicants must be enrolled in a master’s degree program at CSUSB.
Review the Graduate Equity Fellowship Instructions for more information on how to apply.
Graduate Studies Fellowship
- Dollar Amount: $4,500 awarded to one student in each college.
- Activities: Graduate Studies Fellows are invited to attend Graduate Studies events, may represent graduate students at these events, and be asked to assist in outreach or other activities that support building a community of graduate scholars.
Graduate Program Fellowship
- Dollar Amount: $500 - $2,000 award.
- Activities: Determined by each graduate program and awardees are encouraged to attend Graduate Studies events.
For additional information please contact:
- April Lane, Office of Graduate Studies: (909) 537-7381
- The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships or call (909) 537-5227.