Theses, projects and dissertations should be formatted to meet CSUSB's established formatting standards, as well as the CSU accessibility requirements for online documents. The Office of Graduate Studies provides a number of resources to make formatting easier. We encourage you to use the templates provided on our website and use the Styles function in MS Word to format headings and text in your document. This will make formatting easier while improving accessibility. Complete formatting guidelines, as well as university policies and procedures, can be found in A Guide to Graduate Studies.
- Tutorial Videos
- Formatting Page Numbers for Mac Users
There are several basic steps you can take to help speed the process of reviewing your thesis/project/dissertation. Keep in mind the following:
- In spring quarter, our office may receive more than 100 manuscripts to review, with most coming in within a few days of the deadline. Try to turn in your manuscript as soon as possible to avoid the rush of the deadline week.
- Our office will go through more than 300 reviews in spring quarter. Make the corrections and resubmit quickly to avoid complications in meeting the publication deadline.
- Theses/Projects/Dissertations are reviewed when the manuscript, committee certification form, and fee have been received.
- Reviewers are available for consultation during the first six weeks of the quarter. Please call our office at (909) 537-5058 to make an appointment. No consultations will be held after the sixth week.
Note: Students in the Mathematics program should use the template provided by their department.
Disclaimer: The Office of Graduate Studies does not endorse or promote the use of professional thesis/project/dissertation formatters. The University offers free and substantial resources to students who need formatting assistance.