Main Content Region


The most commonly requested forms are available below in pdf format. Instructions for completing each form are also attached. Paper copies are available in the Office of Graduate Studies at College of Education, room 356.

Note: Students who are considering changing programs should contact Graduate Studies at (909) 537-5058 for advising. Instructions are given on a case by case basis.

Prospective Students
Action Form
Applying for a non-degree program as a transitory student (If you are interested in becoming a Transitory Student, please contact the department from the listed special programs on the application). Transitory Application
Summer courses are available to graduate students who are newly admitted to Fall term. In order to register for summer classes, interested students should fill out this form. Transitory Application
Graduate Application Correction. Graduate Application Correction
Current Students


Retaking a course and replacing the previous grade with the new grade.

Discount of Grade

If you plan on missing/declining to enroll for one or more terms (other than summer).

For Military Leave, contact the Veterans Success Center.

Request for a Leave of Absence

 (medical, personal, or educational leave)

Taking courses with overlapping times at CSUSB (simultaneous enrollment).

Simultaneous Enrollment

Petition for Waiver of University Regulations: Use this form for any of the following:

  • Withdrawing from a previous term (Retroactive Withdrawal)
  • Waiving the Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR)
  • Extending coursework beyond the seven-year limit for completing a program (seven-year limit on applicable coursework)
  • Extending the time allowed to complete an incomplete grade
  • 12 quarter unit/9 semester unit prior to classification requirement

  • Other requests, as needed


Postbaccalaureate/Graduate Petition for Waiver of University Regulations

Submitting your thesis, project or dissertation for review.

Committee Certification Form

Dropping a class after the census date. Petition to Drop After Census
Enrolling in a continuous enrollment course, through the College of Extended Learning, to complete a thesis or project, or to enroll in the comprehensive exam.

Continuous Enrollment for Graduate Candidacy Standing

Change of Program Application (COPA).

Change of Program Application

Probation Advising Form

Academic Probation Advising Form

Withdrawal Petition for Extenuating Circumstances (after the 12th week of the term)

Withdraw Petition for Extenuating Circumstances