Grants & Scholarships
Funding graduate school can be a challenge, but opportunities are out there for graduate students. Many graduate programs offer paid teaching assistant and research assistant positions; most also have information on funding opportunities and scholarships tailored to your area of study. Check with your graduate program office for more information.
Additional Funding Sources
- The Office of Student Research offers a number of research-related funding opportunities for both undergraduate and graduate students. Visit the OSR Funding Opportunities page for more information.
- Many scholarships are administered by the CSUSB Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. Applicants only need to complete the CSUSB scholarship application once to be considered for all campus scholarships for which they are eligible. The CSUSB Scholarship Application is available online via MyCoyote. Look for the 'CSUSB Scholarship Site' link. For further information, please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at (909) 537-5227.
- We also encourage you to visit IGrad’s grants and scholarships page and Scholarship Search Center.
- The Services to Students with Disabilities (SSD) and WorkAbility IV (WA-IV) offices have developed a Scholarship Opportunities for Students with Disabilities guide, which provides general information about scholarships to include criteria, application requirements, website and application links, application deadlines for 2021, and contact information. The 30-page guide features over 29 scholarships specifically for students with disabilities pursuing a bachelor’s or graduate degree at a university.
- Merit-Based Presidential Scholarship for new non-resident graduate students.
- Award amount $4,000/academic year
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be admitted to CSUSB
- Must be a degree-seeking, non-resident student
- Must be enrolled in no fewer than 9 units per term
- Must have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 (A=4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted
- Contact CSUSB's Internation Admissions at email@example.com or call (909) 537-5288 too apply.