Main Content Region

Prospective Students FAQs


Which majors can be pursued as a second Bachelor’s degree?

CSUSB accepts applications for a second baccalaureate degree only from highly qualified applicants to the following majors: Pre-Nursing and RN to BSN. A second bachelor’s degree applicant is admitted to CSUSB as a graduate student.

Alternatively, students can apply for a second baccalaureate degree offered through the College of Extended and Global Education (CEGE) in the following majors: Administration, Online Criminal Justice, and Social Sciences.

Prepare Application Materials

Prepare application materials in advance before starting the online Cal State Apply application. Application materials vary by program, and may require you to upload:

  • CV/Resume
  • Personal Statement
  • Letters of Recommendation
  • Writing Samples
  • Essay
  • Portfolio
  • Test Score Reports
  • Program Application Forms
  • License
  • Publications
  • Credential
  • Certifications

Your intended graduate program website will provide detailed instructions for each of the application materials required for review.

Unofficial Transcripts

To expedite consideration to our graduate program, please upload all unofficial transcripts from institutions you have attended.  The following unofficial transcripts will be required to determine your eligibility:

  • Transcript with your earned degree(s) posted
  • Transcripts with any post-baccalaureate level coursework taken
  • Transcript from the last institution that you attended

Upload your unofficial transcripts to the DOCUMENTS section in Cal State Apply (photographs of transcripts are not acceptable). If you are unable to upload your transcripts for any reason, we encourage you to finalize your application and email your unofficial transcripts to as soon as possible.  However, please note that uploading your unofficial transcripts with your application will help avoid missing program and early registration deadlines.
If you are officially admitted to our university, you will be required to submit official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Studies to secure your enrollment for the following term.  Once you receive your official notice of admission, please make arrangements to have your official transcripts sent to:

California State University, San Bernardino
Attn: Office of Graduate Studies, CH-123
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407

Email Electronic Transcripts To:
Electronic transcripts must be emailed directly by the institution you attended to be considered official transcripts.
Please allow at least two weeks for ordering paper and electronic transcripts.

You may contact our office at (909) 537-5058 or with any questions regarding your graduate application.

International Students: Please submit your transcripts to the Office of International Admissions.  You may contact them at (909) 537-5288 or

Do I have to list all of the schools that I attended in Cal State Apply?


Is there an application fee waiver I can apply for?

Graduate students cannot apply for an application fee waiver through Cal State Apply. However, the Office of Graduate Studies at CSUSB has a limited number of fee waivers available for California residents who are experiencing financial hardship. For additional information, please contact

Can I upload additional documents after I submit my application?

Applicants can add new documents if the upload field is listed as OPTIONAL. Any documents that were uploaded before submission cannot be edited or removed. For prompt assistance, please notify when you finish uploading any new documents.

Do I need to submit all my transcripts?

To expedite your consideration to our graduate program, you are encouraged to upload unofficial transcripts through the Cal State Apply. Applicants must submit all unofficial transcripts relating to any post-baccalaureate level coursework undertaken, regardless of whether or not a degree was earned, and the unofficial transcript from the last institution that you attended.
Upload your unofficial transcripts to the DOCUMENTS section in Cal State Apply (photographs of transcripts are not acceptable). Failure to upload your unofficial transcripts before completing your application may result in missed program deadlines or your admission and registration being delayed.    
If you are officially admitted to our university, you will be required to submit official transcripts to the Office of Graduate Studies in order to secure your enrollment for the following term. You must, if requested, submit official transcripts for all previous academic work attempted after high school.

What are the requirements to apply for a graduate program?

The CSUSB policy for admission to a post-baccalaureate program is a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50. If the cumulative GPA is below 2.50, the last 60-semester (90-quarter) units GPA will also be considered. If both the cumulative GPA and the last 60-semester units GPA are below 2.50, admission will be denied. Applications that meet the minimum GPA requirements are sent to the program coordinator for an admission decision. Please note that each program may have admission requirements that are higher than the university’s minimum requirements.

Can I meet with someone to learn more about CSUSB’s graduate programs?

Call Graduate Studies at (909) 537-5058 to make an appointment with Erma Cross, our Graduate Program Recruiter, or contact the coordinator of the program you are interested in. Please see Degrees and Department Contacts. 

I've requested the Letters of Recommendation, but do I have to wait for them to be received before submitting my application?

No, you can submit your application will you are waiting for your recommenders to respond. Also, if you need to update a request for a letter of recommendation, you may do so after the application is submitted.

How do I complete my extended profile?

To complete your extended profile in Cal State Apply, click your name on the top-right corner and update the information.

Extended Profile

What should I do if I can't upload some documents into Cal State Apply?

Please email scanned copies of your transcripts to All program materials (e.g. letters of recommendation, statements of purpose, test scores, certifications, resumes, etc.) should be emailed directly to the program coordinator. Contact information for graduate programs can be found at the Department Contacts page

What happens after I apply?

You will receive an email from the university containing your student email and ID number. Please activate your email as soon as you receive your letter; notification of missing transcripts, residency information, or other materials needed to complete your application will be sent to you via your student email. Once we receive your application, fee, and transcripts, we will evaluate your GPA. Your application will then be sent to the program office for an admission/denial decision. We will notify you via your student email account as soon as we receive a decision from the program.

How do I apply to post-baccalaureate program?

Apply online at Cal State Apply  

  • Complete the application
  • Upload unofficial transcripts and required documents in 'Program Materials' section in Cal State Apply
  • Pay the fee and submit the applcation

Please note that individual programs and departments may require a separate application or additional materials. Please contact the program for more information on its admission process. Admission requirements are published in the university bulletin.

What is a post-baccalaureate program?

At CSUSB, post-baccalaureate programs include doctorate, master’s, credentials, certificates, and second bachelor’s degrees.

How long does it take to evaluate an application?

It depends on the program to which you are applying , but generally you should expect to hear about University eligibility within two weeks. You should stay in contact with the graduate coordinator of the program to which you are applying to inquire about the status of the program's review of your application.

If I am a CSUSB graduate or current student, do I need to upload my unofficial transcripts?

If you are a CSUSB graduate or current student, please list CSUSB as a school you have attended so that we are aware of your affiliation with CSUSB, but you do not need to upload your CSUSB transcript as we already have access to it.