Thesis Boot Camp Coming Soon!
Two full days of intensive workshops on goal setting, research integrity, organizing research and sources, formatting, dedicated writing time, and more!
Boot Camp Date and Time: Fall and winter session dates TBA - check back soon!
Writing Accountability Sessions
Boot camp enrollment includes weekly writing sessions with peers and a writing coach!
Date and Time: Held at a time convenient to you!
Attendees Earn a ScholarWorks Fee Waiver!
The ScholarWorks archiving fee is waived for students who complete the boot camp and attend all writing accountability workshops.
Open to graduate students writing a thesis, project, or dissertation.
Hosted by the Office of Graduate Studies and the Graduate Writing Center. Funding provided by SSI.
Thesis, Project, and Dissertation Formatting Workshops
Learn to use the Graduate Studies formatting template and take the worry out of formatting. Learn how to format headings, text, and the table of contents automatically! Note: the formatting template is a Microsoft Word document.
Fall Semester 2021
- Tuesday, October 5th, 12:00 - 1:00 pm via Zoom
- Wednesday, October 6th, 5:00 - 6:00 pm via Zoom
Thesis Submission Process Workshops
Publication on CSUSB Scholarworks is a requirement for most students completing a thesis, project, or dissertation as their culminating experience. Familiarize yourself now with the thesis, project, and dissertation submission and review process: important deadlines, forms, and university requirements.
Fall Semester 2021
- Tuesday, October 12th, 12:00 – 1:00 pm via Zoom
- Wednesday, October 13th, 5:00 – 6:00 pm via Zoom
Graduate Research Workshops
Presented by the Pfau Library
The Pfau Library offers a wide array of workshops to help you hone your research skills. Below is a short list of their many offerings. Please check the library workshop calendar for a complete list, dates, and locations, and to register.
- Zotero: Citation Management Made Free and Fun
- Introduction to OneSearch
- Maximize your Full Text Retrieval
- Library Research for Graduate Students
- Conducting a Literature Review
- Critical Information Literacy for Graduate Teaching Assistants