Thesis Boot Camps
One full day of goal setting and intensive writing time! This session is open to graduate students writing a thesis, project, or dissertation.
Hosted by the Office of Graduate Studies and the Graduate Writing Center. Funding provided by IRA.
Boot Camp Date and Time: Coming January 2022; stay tuned for dates and registration applications!
Writing Accountability Sessions
Interested in joining a writing accountability group? Register for an upcoming information session on September 27th or 28th, to be placed in a group! Register below.
Learn more about our Boot Camps and Writing Accountability Sessions on our new Writing Resources page.
Thesis, Project, and Dissertation Formatting Workshops
Learn to use the Graduate Studies formatting template and take the worry out of formatting. Learn how to format headings, text, and the table of contents automatically! Note: the formatting template is a Microsoft Word document.
Fall Semester 2021
- Tuesday, October 5th, 12:00 - 1:00 pm via Zoom
- Wednesday, October 6th, 5:00 - 6:00 pm via Zoom
Thesis Submission Process Workshops
Publication on CSUSB Scholarworks is a requirement for most students completing a thesis, project, or dissertation as their culminating experience. Familiarize yourself now with the thesis, project, and dissertation submission and review process: important deadlines, forms, and university requirements.
Fall Semester 2021
- Tuesday, October 12th, 12:00 – 1:00 pm via Zoom
- Wednesday, October 13th, 5:00 – 6:00 pm via Zoom
Graduate Research Workshops
Presented by the Pfau Library
The Pfau Library offers a wide array of workshops to help you hone your research skills. Below is a shortlist of their many offerings. Please check the library workshop calendar for a complete list, dates, and locations, and to register.
- Zotero: Citation Management Made Free and Fun
- Introduction to OneSearch
- Maximize your Full-Text Retrieval
- Library Research for Graduate Students
- Conducting a Literature Review
- Critical Information Literacy for Graduate Teaching Assistants