The application deadline for Fall 2021 closed July 9th. Applications for Spring Semester 2022 will open on August 1, 2021 and can be found on Cal State Apply.
The College of Extended and Global Education, in partnership with the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, is proud to announce their offering of the fully-online B.A. in Social Sciences Degree Completion Program.
The program is designed to offer students a multidisciplinary insight into the social sciences and provide a rigorous understanding in the students chosen disciplines across the social sciences. Students currently have the option to select a primary concentration in Economics, Geography, or Political Science to supplement the core curriculum of the program, which involves a blend of social sciences and history education.
- 60 semester (90 quarter) units of transferrable coursework taken at a community college or regionally accredited university
- Completion of lower-division general education requirements, including CSU History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement. For more information on the General Education requirements, please visit the CSUSB Bulletin - General Education Program.
- 2.0 Minimum Cumulative GPA
- Submit Application on Cal State Apply. The fee to apply to the CSU is $70 per campus.
- For more information on eligibility and program requirements, visit our Admission Requirements page.
The B.A. in Social Sciences online program offers the same rigorous curriculum offered on the main CSUSB campus in a fully-online format, focusing on a multidisciplinary curriculum that aims to offer students a broad understanding of the social sciences.
The B.A. program will be offered in a format that allows students an opportunity to design their own program based on their past academic experience, their interests, and their career goals. Courses are conducted in an accelerated 7-week format (two sessions per semester) that allows students to focus on a smaller course load at one time.
The fully-online program is priced in a flat-rate per unit, and accepts most forms of federal financial aid and allows students to break their tuition into monthly installments.
Who Should Enroll:
- Students interested in pursuing a career in teaching the social sciences. Students who complete this program are well prepared to apply for admission to a Single Subject Teaching Credential program in Social Sciences.
- Students who have previously completed prior academic coursework, but have not yet completed their undergraduate course of study, in any major.
- Students seeking to expand their career opportunities with a second B.A. degree.