The College of Extended and Global Education, in partnership with the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, is proud to offer the fully-online B.A. in Social Sciences Degree Completion Program.
The program is designed to offer students a multidisciplinary insight into the social sciences and provide a rigorous understanding in the students chosen disciplines across the social sciences. Students currently have the option to select a primary concentration in Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology or Sociology to supplement the core curriculum of the program, which involves a blend of social sciences and history education.
- 60 semester (90 quarter) units of transferrable coursework taken at a community college or regionally accredited university
- Completion of lower-division general education requirements, including CSU History, Constitution and American Ideals requirement. For more information on the General Education requirements, please visit the CSUSB Bulletin - General Education Program.
- 2.0 Minimum Cumulative GPA
- Submit Application on Cal State Apply. The fee to apply to the CSU is $70 per campus.
- For more information on eligibility and program requirements, visit our Admission Requirements page.
The program offers the same rigorous curriculum offered on the main CSUSB campus in a fully-online format, focusing on a multidisciplinary curriculum that aims to offer students a broad understanding of the social sciences.
The program will be offered in a format that allows students an opportunity to design their own program based on their past academic experience, their interests, and their career goals. Courses are conducted in an accelerated 7-week format (two sessions per semester) that allows students to focus on a smaller course load at one time.
The program is priced in a flat-rate per unit, and accepts most forms of federal financial aid and allows students to break their tuition into monthly installments.
Who Should Enroll:
- Students interested in pursuing a career in teaching the social sciences. Students who complete this program are well prepared to apply for admission to a Single Subject Teaching Credential program in Social Sciences.
- Students who have previously completed prior academic coursework, but have not yet completed their undergraduate course of study, in any major.
- Students seeking to expand their career opportunities with a second B.A. degree.