Main Content Region

Housing Accommodations

Inclusive Housing

Your disability may qualify you for housing accommodations as well as academic accommodations. We are here to help ensure that all aspects of life for you while a student here are according to your unique need.


Requesting a Housing Accommodation

Requests for CSUSB campus housing accommodations are processed by Services to Students with Disabilities. We then provide a housing accommodation letter to the housing office and place it in your file with SSD. It is important to do this as early as possible.


Using the Housing Portal

If you are filling out a housing application before registering with SSD, please be sure to click "yes I [will] have a housing accommodation" on the final screen, even if you are still establishing contact with our office. That way housing knows they can anticipate getting an accommodation letter from you in the future. Then, please get in touch with us right away.


Planning Ahead

It is very important that you plan ahead. Only with a lot of advance notice can your disability-related requests for specific housing accommodations to be fully considered by CSUSB. As an example, some disability-related housing accommodations may take up to six months to implement due to space availability.

Students should also contact SSD address concerns in the process of requesting and obtaining housing accommodations related to disability and they should make sure to tell their SSD counselors if they are planning on living on campus.


Living with an Animal on Campus

Pets are not allowed in the dorms. If you have a service animal, please see the CSUSB policy on animals on campus. If you have an emotional support animal, please contact SSD right away so that we can communicate with you about your request.

Emotional Support Animal Information

Future Students

If you are new to SSD and have not yet received disability accommodations, you need to register SSD first in order to get housing accommodations. 

Register Today!