Here at SSD, we want to support our students to the best of our ability. With the help of family advocates and support systems we can create this support on a new level! Please look below where it shows you the road map to success and FAQ’s(link)! If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com
- Supporting from the start: Have your student fill out a Voluntary Release of Confidential Information form to begin the support process and we can meet with you both together
- Assisting students in school: There will be barriers within their educational journey, when they arise, please motivate the student to self-advocate for their rights to accommodations or have the student email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to create a case on the issue that is occurring.
- Self-advocacy: Within higher education and disabilities self-advocacy is important. We want our students to learn how to self-advocate. There is useful information on our Self Advocacy page which has additional valuable resources
- Understanding their rights: please take our guiding policy area to get a better understanding of ADA, 504, and many other policies that assist our students with disabilities rights!
- Frequently asked questions: There are many questions you may have about supporting your student. That is normal! Please find a section of our frequently asked questions just for family advocates.