The CARE Team is not tasked with responding to emergencies. If this is an emergency and you are in need of immediate assistance contact CSUSB Police (909) 537-5165 or 911.
Role On Campus
The CARE Team receives, assesses, responds to and monitors behavior on campus that is disruptive, poses a campus concern, or is a threat to self or others. The purpose of the CARE Team is to provide a multidisciplinary centralized structure for the campus community for early intervention of at-risk individuals through collaboration and effective communication with campus departments, students, faculty and staff. Individuals exhibiting behaviors that are of concern in relation to their personal, physical and emotional well-being should be referred to the CARE Team along with individuals who are intimidating, disruptive, aggressive, or violent. The CARE Team will review all information available on the individual's behavior and background to determine an appropriate action-plan and monitor the individual on a case-by-case basis.
If you see something, say something
Functions of the CARE Team
When alerted to a concern, the CARE Team will:
- Gather and analyze information
- Assess needs of those impacted
- Determine and implement plans for the individual of concern, including both immediate and ongoing strategies
- Provide and make referrals for advice, support, and assistance
- Address risks of harm to individual and/or others involved
- Review interventions and implementation strategies throughout the process