THE 2022-2023 UNIVERSITY LEGACY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
A merit-based scholarship recognizing academic performance and leadership
The University Legacy Scholarship at the Cal State San Bernardino, Palm Desert Campus provides an opportunity for outstanding graduating high school seniors attending high schools in the Coachella Valley to compete for an academic scholarship to attend the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus. The University Legacy Scholarship is up to $7,000 per year (currently the cost of tuition and standard fees, net of financial aid) for four academic years, leading to a baccalaureate degree.
A scholarship application must be completed online and is due no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 15, 2022. In addition to the application, a cover letter, unofficial copy of the high school transcript (including class ranking) and two letters of recommendation must be supplied to complete the application process. Please have all of these documents ready to attach to this online application.
To be considered for this award, applicants must apply and be admitted to CSUSB. In addition, applicants must complete the FAFSA or the California Dream Act Application.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Additional information about the University Legacy Scholarship application process may be directed to Michelle Newman, Philanthropic Support Associate.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
Scholarship recipients must demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm for and commitment to their undergraduate degree at CSUSB Palm Desert Campus. The scholarship selection committee will evaluate applicants on three measures:
- Academic and scholarship performance measured by cumulative GPA (3.5 minimum on the 4.0 scale, sophomore to junior years) and class ranking.
- Leadership potential demonstrated by previous leadership experiences and community service.
- Financial need based upon the FAFSA or the California Dream Act Application.
Scholarship Renewal Criteria
- Maintenance of a minimum 3.5 GPA in all classes taken at the CSUSB and CSUSB Palm Desert Campus;
- Enrollment as a full-time student each semester (minimum of 12 units per semester) or completion of 36 semester units during the academic year;
- Demonstrated leadership on the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus;
- Commitment to community service by engaging in an average of 20 hours of community service per semester either on- or off-campus; and
- Continuing as a student “in good standing” at the end of each semester.