Fee Waiver Program for California Residents 60+ Years of Age
The CSUSB Palm Desert Campus offers a program allowing California residents, 60 years of age or older, to enroll in degree-applicable regular session courses without payment of certain specified tuition fees.
- Enrollment is limited to California residents as defined by the Education Code
- Must be 60 years of age or older
- Meet eligibility requirements to attend CSUSB
- Take degree-applicable courses
- Pay minimal semesterly fees (as of 8/2020, fees are $13.50 per semester)
- Waiver of application fee
- Persons enrolling in the program will be able to register on the last day of priority registration.
- Enrollment is based on a 'space available' basis.
- If someone applies after priority registration is over, they will register during the late registration period but the standard $25.00 late fee will be waived.
- Lab and/or supply fees
Apply online at CSU Mentor
For this option, also submit the following to the Palm Desert Campus Administrative Office:
- Over 60 Program Student Fee Waiver Form
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions
Applicants must meet all admission requirements. Both forms are available at the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus Administrative Office located on the second floor of the Mary Stuart Rogers Gateway Building.
For additional information, please contact Ruth Howell at the Palm Desert Campus at (760) 341-2883, ext. 78110.