Fee Waiver Program for California Residents 60+ Years of Age
CSUSB Palm Desert Campus offers a program allowing California residents, 60 years of age or older, to enroll in degree-applicable regular session courses without payment of certain specified tuition fees.
- Enrollment is limited to California residents as defined by the Education Code
- Must be 60 years of age or older
- Meet eligibility requirements to attend CSUSB
- Take degree-applicable courses
- Pay minimal semesterly fees (as of 8/2020, fees are $13.50 per semester)
- Waiver of application fee
- Persons enrolling in the program will be able to register on the last day of priority registration.
- Enrollment is based on a 'space available' basis.
- If someone applies after priority registration is over, they will register during the late registration period but the standard $25.00 late fee will be waived.
- Lab and/or supply fees
Option I: Transitory Status
Qualified participants may attend for one academic year. After that, participants must meet all regular admission requirements. To do so, submit both of the following forms to the Palm Desert Campus administration office:
Both forms are available at the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus administration office located on the second floor of the Mary Stuart Rogers Gateway building.
Option II: Degree-Seeking Status
Apply online at CSU Mentor. For this option, also submit the following to the Palm Desert Campus administration office:
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions.
Applicants must meet all admission requirements.Both forms are available at the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus administration office located on the second floor of the Mary Stuart Rogers Gateway building.
For additional information, contact Ruth Howell at the Palm Desert Campus at (760) 341-2883 ext. 78110.