CSUSB offers the following payment options:
Domestic Payments - Online
Electronic Check (ACH) and/or Credit Card payments can be processed On-line via MyCoyote.
If you are new to paying online, review the tutorial:
International Student Payments with Flywire
Cal State University San Bernardino has partnered with Flywire to streamline the international payment process. Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, typically in your home currency.
By making your payment with Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night
Pay in person at Student Financial Services
Student Financial Services is located in University Hall Room 035. Payments accepted in person include: cash, check, money order, traveler's check, cashier's check or pin-based ATM/Debit cards. (Credit card payments are not accepted on campus).
Please make checks payable to 'California State University, San Bernardino' for the total amount due the University. To ensure credit to the correct account, checks must include the Coyote ID number of the student.
Students can create a Parent PIN so that a parent or guardian can make a payment to the student's account. For detailed information on creating a Parent PIN take a look at the
Pay with check through the mail. Please make checks payable to 'California State University, San Bernardino' for the total amount due the University. To ensure credit to the correct account, checks must include the Coyote ID number of the student. Please do not mail cash.
Student Financial Services UH-035
5500 University Parkway
San Bernardino, CA 92407
Payment by Mail
Payment must be received by Student Financial Services before the designated due date to prevent an administrative drop of your courses. The University is not responsible for cash payments sent by mail. Postmarks are disregarded.
Registration Tuition Fees paid by check or credit card are not considered valid until the bank has cleared the payment. Checks and credit cards not cleared by the bank, including 'stop payment' checks, may cancel your registration. It is each student's responsibility to formally withdraw from classes prior to the refund deadline dates. Failure to withdraw by full refund deadline will result in a 'balance due' on your account and may prevent you from registering in future quarters.
Payment by Credit Card
Effective April 28, 2004 - ALL credit card transactions (MasterCard, Diner's Club, American Express, Discover and Visa) are processed by CASHNet® SmartPay with a service fee charged to the user. Effective May 1, 2004 credit cards are no longer accepted at Student Financial Services or at the Palm Desert Office.
Our campus merchant fees are currently over $300,000 per year. Due to the serious budget concerns facing the University, CSUSB can no longer absorb this cost.
- CASHNet® SmartPay accepts MasterCard, Diner's Club, American Express, Discover Card, Visa and electronic checks.
- There is a service fee of 2.75% per transaction to the user choosing the credit card payment option. The service charge is for the convenience of the payment method, the cost of the associated services and for the development and ongoing operations of the CASHNet SmartPay web site and telephone services. CASHNet® SMARTPAY is operated by Informed Decisions Corp., a private company completely independent from the colleges and universities that contract with it to provide electronic payment services.
- There is No fee to users choosing the electronic check payment method via the campus website.
- There is No fee to users choosing the pin-based ATM debit cards payment method available for use at Student Financial Services and the Palm Desert Office.
Dishonored Checks and Credit Cards
A $25.00 service fee will be charged for a first offense dishonored check/credit card; all subsequent dishonored checks/credit cards will result in a $35.00 service fee per offense. It is the student's responsibility to ensure adequate funds are available to cover checks written to the University and it is the bank's responsibility to notify students of their NSF checks. Therefore, without written notification to the student, the University will automatically apply dishonored check fee to the student’s account.