Richard and Janice Oliphant Auditorium
The Richard and Janice Oliphant Auditorium is located in the Mary Stuart Rogers Gateway Building.
Oliphant Auditorium Amenities
- 123 Seats
- Tablet theater-styled chairs
- Wheelchair accessible seating
- Auditorium is equipped with smart technolorgy that includes theater-style projection system with DVD/Blu-Ray capabilities, computer and document camera interface.
- Events held in the Richard and Janice Oliphant Auditorium have access to hold receptions in the Florence Rigdon Hall (Rogers Gateway Lobby) or the outdoor R.D. and Joan Dale Hubbard Courtyard, both located just outside the auditorium.
Indian Wells Theater
The Indian Wells Theater is a professional performing arts theater that offers comfortable seating in an intimate and inviting setting. Excellent acoustics and sightlines, high production values, first-class amenities, helpful staff and affordable rental rates make the theater an ideal venue for live performances and large assemblies.
The theater is ideally suited to accommodate a wide range of performances, including opera, ballet, orchestral music, plays, comedy, meetings and lectures. The theater has showcased the performances of world-renowned talents, as well as local school drama clubs, orchestras, bands, dance companies and choral groups.
Indian Wells Theater Amenities
304 cushioned seats (view seating chart)
- Wheelchair accessable seating
- Wheelchair lift
- Accommodations for hearing impaired
Proscenium:46 ft wide x 22 ft highStage right wing: 22 ft wideStage left wing: 22 ft wideStage depth: 32 ft.
Board: Yamaha DM 2000 Digital Mixer
Board: Yamaha MGM 32X28 Ch. 14-bus Analog Mixer
(6) Shure QXLD Handheld mics
(12) Shure QXLD wireless mic packs with lavalier elements
(12) Countryman boom mic elements (to be used with Shure mic packs)
(6) Shure ULX wireless handheld mic units
(6) AKG Shotgun mics
(3) Shure choir mics (suspended over stage)
(2) Shure PZM boundary mics (for piano)
(6) AKG wired dynamic handheld mics
(1) Shure 412 podium mic
(1) Audio Tehnica goose neck mic
(4) JBL EON stage monitor speaker system
5.1 Meyer Dolby digital surround speaker system (movie viewing)
(1) Numark dual CD playback uint
(24) listening devices for hearing imapired
EPSON LCD house projector ICOM-5 Channel DVD player (Blu-Ray)
20x15 ft. electric adjustable screen
(3) 9x12 Fastfold rear projection screens
(3) 6x8 ft. Fastfold front projection screens
Dell Optiplex computer
Targus remote presenter (for PowerPoint)
Apple iMac desktop computer
ROLAND VR-3EX video broadcast mixer
SONY Blu-Ray DVD player
- Board: ETC Express 24/48 – 96 ch, w/monitor Lighting instruments:
- (6) Fresnel light fixtures
- (4) LED panels (red, green, blue, white -1200w), for stage curtain up lighting going.
- (12) 6 channel dimmers - Leprecon
- (38) 19 Degree light fixtures
- (21) 26 Degree light fixtures
- (10) 50 Degree light fixtures
- (10) Parnel light fixtures
- (2) Follow spots (various color gels), in booth
Clearcom wired headset system
Off-stage video monitor
Fixed house video camera – (for lobby monitor)
25 ft. scissor lift
Gated off-stage load-in area
Some stage and wall lights use a BAK PAK type as well as 12 channel dimmer packs, so for every light, there is a corresponding dimmer. Electric light bars are fixed, 20 feet high, there is no fly system. The stage area is about 45 feet (length) by 35 feet (width). We have 3 electric light bars (5 bars all together) over the stage, two side wall bars in the audience area, and two light bars are over the booth set for a curtain warmer, and a catwalk over the audience.
Clients may have access to standard production facilities, such as the Green Room, with a maximum occupancy of 25, dressing rooms and a small storage room. Other facilities and equipment not specifically outlined in the rental agreement are available for use and will be added to fees as specified, if requested. Clients will have access to standard production equipment such as microphones, basic theatrical lighting equipment and other essential items necessary to stage their production. While most equipment is available for use, the theater does not guarantee equipment availability for every event. Should the requested equipment not be available, the client will be notified in a timely manner. Outside/rented equipment is allowed, however the client remains responsible for the equipment while in the facility. The theater, and its staff, does not assume liability for any lost or damaged equipment.
Mary Stuart Rogers Gateway Building
Florence Rigdon Hall
Rogers Gateway, Third Floor
R.D. and Joan Dale Hubbard Plaza
Indian Wells Center for Educational Excellence Lobby
Palm Desert Health Sciences Building
Coeta Barker Lobby