California State University, San Bernardino offers a fee waiver program which allows California residents, sixty (60) years of age or older, to enroll in regular session courses without payment of certain specified fees. All regular admission requirements must be met. This includes applying for admission through Cal State Apply (application fees apply). If you have any questions regarding your admissions status, please contact the Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment or the Office of Graduate Studies. The program is required to adhere to the following standards:
- Enrollment shall be limited to persons who are California residents as defined by the Education code, are 60 years of age or older, and are eligible for admission to the University.
- Student enrolling in fee waiver program must be admitted to a State side degree and program. For a list of qualifying programs please visit the following link: A-Z Degrees and Programs.
- Student enrolling in the program will be able to register using the MyCoyote on-line registration system and will be assigned a Enrollment Appointment to register for classes. If a student applies to this program after Enrollment Appointments for registration has ended, they will register during open enrollment and/or late registration periods, which require pre-payment of fees. However, the $37.50 late fee will be waived.
- The reduction of tuition fees does not include books, parking or lab fee associated with any courses.
- California residents turning 60 years of age during a semester that is already in session will not be added until the beginning of the following semester.
- The Over 60 fee waiver does not apply to the Doctorate Programs in the College of Education.
- The Over 60 fee waiver does not qualify for student's seeking a second bachelors degree.
- The Over 60 fee waiver does not apply to certificate programs alone.
- This over 60 fee waiver does not apply to any classes or programs through the College of Extended and Global Education or the OSHA Program; they must be regular matriculated students through the University.
- The Over 60 fee waiver program does not apply to the summer and winter sessions.
For further information about the Over 60 Fee Waiver Program for California residents please contact the us at (909) 537-7671 or by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over 60 Program Information [PDF format]