Main Content Region

Change of Major

In order to declare or change a major, add a concentration, track, option, or plan, students must submit a Change of Major form with the Office of the Registrar.  Students will be held to the major requirements for the catalog year in which the Change of Major is submitted.  Dual concentrations within the same major will require approval from the Department Chair.  A processing fee of $6.00, per major, has been temporarily suspended until the quarter to semester conversion is completed.  An email to your CSUSB email account will be sent to you as notification that an updated PAWS* reflecting the change or addition is available to view and print approximately two weeks after the form has been submitted.

Undergraduate students who have completed less than 135 quarter units (or less than 90 semester units) may submit a Change of Major request through their myCoyote Student Center.  Please see the "Change of Major/Minor Guide" for instructions on how to submit an online request.  Or to view an instructional video, click here.   

Undergraduate students who have completed 135 or more quarter units (or 90 semester units), with or without a Grad Check on file, will go through a review and approval process with the office of Undergraduate Studies (UGS).  These students will be required to submit a Change of Major [PDF] request form to UGS via email. Select the link below for further information and instructions on submitting the Change of Major PDF form with the UGS office. 

Seniors Requesting a Change of Major/Minor

Students' request must include the following:

  • Why are you making the request?
  • Expected term and year of graduation
  • Form must be attached


Impacted Majors

  • Criminal Justice
  • Kinesiology: Allied Health
  • Nursing
  • Psychology
  • Social Work

Changing a major to an impacted major requires an application request to change your current major to the impacted major. Because each impacted major requires different eligibility requirements, students must apply and meet with an advisor within the impacted major to determine eligibility. If the student is approved, the Application for Impacted Majors will be signed by the advisor as approval for submission to the Office of the Registrar for processing. The application form can be obtained at the Office of the Registrar, UH-171, or you may download the PDF form.

Application for Impacted Majors [PDF format]

Biology Pre-Med Majors

PLEASE NOTE: Starting 2016-2017 academic year (AY), the following degree options will no longer be offered:

  • BA in Biology Pre-Med Option
  • BS in Biology Pre-Med Option
  • BA in Biology Integrated Teaching Track (ITT). 

Currently declared Pre-Med students will be allowed to remain in the Pre-Med option requirements but are strongly encouraged to switch to the new BA or BS options.

Questions should be addressed to any advisor in the College of Natural Sciences Advising Center, any Biology dept faculty member, or the Dept Chair of Biology. Or visit the Biology Department website.


PAWS (Program Advising Worksheet for Students)

What is PAWS? 

PAWS is an automated credit summary, for undergraduate degrees, that provides students with a listing of all coursework required for graduation from CSUSB. It allows students to map out their course selection at any point in their academic career by comparing the classes they have taken or are now taking to those they will need to take in order to complete their undergraduate degree program.  An email will be sent to the student's CSUSB Email as notification that their PAWS report is available for reviewing and printing. To review a PAWS report, students will need to log into MyCoyote.

New PAWS Upgrade! See what's new here:

PAWS Log-In Instructions for Students

PAWS Log-In Instructions for Advisors

Need help understanding your PAWS?

PAWS Guide for Students

Review your PAWS report:

PAWS for Students & PAWS for Advisors

Please Note: New students who have not received an email notification may be viewing an incomplete PAWS report.

PAWS is available daily from 6:00am to 4:00am

For questions regarding your PAWS or if you're experiencing trouble accessing the PAWS program, please email us at