Main Content Region

Course Substitution

Students wishing to substitute coursework in their major or minor should contact their department chair. An approved course substitution request will be forwarded from the department chair to the Office of the Registrar. Once received, reviewed and approved, the Transfer and Graduation Counselor (TGC) will update the PAWS and send an email notification to the student's CSUSB Email, that the updates/changes have been applied and is now ready for their review. This typically takes about one month.