Main Content Region

Name Change

If your name has changed, documentation of your name change is required. Please make a copy of your documentation and send it with a name change request form. Acceptable documentation: birth certificate, marriage license, driver's license, California ID. International students cannot make a change until it is reflected on their Visa/Permit. Complete the Student Name Change Request form and submit it to the Registrar's Office (UH-171).  Questions regarding this process should be forwarded to the Registrar's Office, Records unit, at 909-537-5200, option 2.  Please send questions to


PLEASE NOTE: If you currently or have ever been employed at CSUSB (faculty, staff, student assistant or intern), an additional process is required with the appropriate HR entities (state, foundation, student employment). As stated in the CSUSB email policy, the campus email address must contain the student's primary name listed on the University's records. Please be advised that your CSUSB email address will also be changed to reflect this policy.