The CSUSB Leadership Challenge Center is Now Open!
To request a program please submit our online request form or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We look forward to meeting your group's teambuilding and leadership development needs!
The state-of-the-art CSUSB Leadership Challenge Center, which is part of Cal State San Bernardino Recreation and Wellness program, provides unique team-building and leadership development programs for CSUSB students, departments, clubs, teams, schools, businesses, as well as the community.
Our programs are designed to help and teach a person how to appropriately build trust in others; empower a person to develop skills necessary to be part of a healthy community; and increase individual interpersonal skills, social skills and physical abilities.
The Center's programs provide a safe environment that allows participants to step outside their comfort zone and take a risk, learn and grow.
Programs are designed to
- Increase awareness of self, attitudes, behaviors, etc.
- Increase confidence and self-esteem
- Enhance coordination and agility
- Enhance an understanding and respect for individual differences
- Promote expression of thoughts and feelings
- Enhance communication skills (active listening, giving/receiving feedback, etc.)
- Identify and improve critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Enhance trust
- Identify and improve decision-making skills
- Enhance teamwork and cooperation
- Identify and improve planning skills
- Enhance leadership (responsibility for guiding a group towards a goal)
- Overcome preconceived personal limits, prejudices, and fears
Why Choose Us
Our program at CSUSB opened in 2013 and we have served youth groups, professional groups, student groups, non-profits and sports teams. Our Adventure Program manager has lead groups through experiential education and challenge course programs for over 30 years.
In addition to being CPR/AED and First Aid certified our staff has undergone extensive training in technical skills as well as creating physically and emotionally safe environments. Our Team Leaders are Association for Challenge Course Technologies ACCT Level 2 certified.
Each program is custom-made to serve the goals of your group. Thought our pre-program needs assessment we learn about your team's strengths and areas for improvement and design a program that is engaging, fun and outcome driven,
Programs and Rates
Our state-of-the-art course was built by a CA licensed contractor to meet the standards set forth by the Association for Challenge Course Technologies (ACCT). In addition to an external yearly inspection, each activity and piece of equipment is inspected daily.
Program Request FormCalendarPrograms and Rates