NSCA Certified Personal Trainer Exam (CPT) Exam Information:
CSUSB Student Recreation and Wellness Center has partnered with National Strength and Conditioning Association to provide those who qualify with a discount to take the Certified Personal Trainer Exam.
Standard Non-member NSCA-CPT Exam = $435
Discounted CSUSB NSCA-CPT Exam = $225
CPT Exam Prerequisites:
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or an equivalent
- Candidates must have a current CPR/AED certification. (refer to Certification Handbook linked below for acceptable CPR/AED certifications)
- Purchase NSCA-CPT Exam Book from Coyote Bookstore
- ISBN 9781718202351 - Hard Copy Physical Book
- ISBN 9781718202399 - eBook
- If you have any concerns or questions regarding the NSCA-CPT Exam Book, please contact email@example.com
From the NSCA Website CPR/AED Certification:
- Please check out the NSCA CPT Certification Handbook!
- Documentation only needs to be submitted if candidate indicated they did not hold a current CPR/AED certification when completing the registration process.Individuals that do not have current CPR/AED certification can still register and take the exam; however, a copy of valid CPR/AED certification must be received within 1-year of exam date.
- Certification will not be granted until ALL of the eligibility requirements have been met. Candidates have one (1) year from their exam date to submit documentation demonstrating completion of all eligibility criteria.
- Exam results become invalid if acceptable eligibility documentation is not received within one (1) year of exam date.
How to Sign Up:
- Purchase NSCA-CPT Exam Book from Coyote Bookstore: Coyote Bookstore
ISBN 9781718202351 - Hard Copy Physical Book
ISBN 9781718202399 - eBook
- Create NSCA Customer Account: Create an Account
- If you already have an account with NSCA, a new account is NOT necessary.
- After an account is created, you will need to click on your name in the top right corner. A drop-down menu will appear and your NSCA Customer ID will be listed.
- You will need this account number for ALL forms related to exam registration.
- Go to NSCA-CPT Exam Registration Form
- Attach Receipt from the Coyote Bookstore for Proof of Purchase.
- Fill out and submit NSCA-CPT Exam Registration Form.
- NSCA-CPT Exam Registration Form
- Pay for NSCA-CPT Exam through Rec Shop Portal:
- Sign In using MyCoyote Credentials, select Register and Check Out.
- Discounted CSUSB NSCA-CPT Exam is $225 + $1 processing fee = $226
- Rec Shop Portal
- Wait for an email confirmation from NSCA with information on scheduling your exam