NSCA Certified Personal Trainer Exam (CPT) Exam Information:
CSUSB Student Recreation and Wellness Center has partnered with National Strength and Conditioning Association to provide those who qualify with a discount to take the Certified Personal Trainer Exam.
Ready to take NSCA Certified Personal Trainer Exam (CPT)?
Awesome! We are happy to help you register for the CPT Exam; there are several prerequisites you must complete prior to registration.
CPT Exam Prerequisites:
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or an equivalent, and
- Candidates must have a current CPR/AED certification. (refer to Certification Handbook linked below for acceptable CPR/AED certifications)
From the NSCA Website:
- Please check out the NSCA CPT Certification Handbook!
- Documentation only needs to be submitted if candidate indicated they did not hold a current CPR/AED certification when completing the registration process.Individuals that do not have current CPR/AED certification can still register and take the exam; however, a copy of valid CPR/AED certification must be received within 1-year of exam date.
- Certification will not be granted until ALL of the eligibility requirements have been met. Candidates have one (1) year from their exam date to submit documentation demonstrating completion of all eligibility criteria.
- Exam results become invalid if acceptable eligibility documentation is not received within one (1) year of exam date.
If you believe you fulfill these exam prerequisites, please fill out our CPT Exam Inquiry Form
How to Register for CPT Exam:
CSUSB Student Recreation and Wellness Center has partnered with National Strength and Conditioning Association to provide those who qualify with a discount to take the Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist Exam.
- We ask that you fill out our CPT Exam Inquiry Form, a staff member will contact you through email in 1 to 2 business days.
- Once a staff member has reached out to you, you will be able to sign up for the course using the Exam Registration Form.
- You will need to sign in using MyCoyote credentials.
- Select Register!