Notification - myCoyote Portal and App Upgrade
Please note that we will be upgrading the myCoyote portal and mobile app platform next week (August 8, 2022). This posting will be updated prior to the exact day and time of the upgrade. This upgrade should not cause an interruption of service or disrupt access to the portal or app.
The following changes will occur once the upgrade is complete.
- Square tiles will change shape, and the icons and text will be on the right instead of below.
- Quicker access to Search and Messages
- The hamburger menu items will be removed and replaced with dropdown menus specific to Students, Faculty, and Staff. You will see the menu for every role to which you are affiliated.
- More frequently visited tiles have been moved up the page for better visibility and quicker access.
- The links under the Degree Progress tile have been moved under the My Academics section
Director of Digital Transformation
Frequently Asked Questions
When attempting to activate your myCoyote account please note the following common mistakes:
- Please wait 24-48 hours after receiving the email telling you to activate your myCoyote account
- If you have your preferred name on file use this instead of your legal name (ex: John instead of Johnathan)
- If your last name contains a hyphen or multiple last names it must be entered exactly as it is on file
- Your DOB must be in the format mm/dd/yyyy
Further step-by-step instructions can be found by visiting the myCoyote - Account Activation knowledge article. If after following the instructions you are still experiencing issues, please call the Technology Support Center at (909) 537-7677.
To activate DUO for the first time please follow the step-by-step instructions by visiting the Duo Multi-Factor Authentication Set Up: A Step by Step Guide knowledge article. *NOTE: Once started the setup process must be completed in one sitting.
To reactivate DUO on a new mobile device with the same phone number as the old mobile device please follow the step-by-step instructions by visiting the Reactivate Duo On A New Phone knowledge article.
To reactivate DUO on a new mobile device with a new phone number please call the Technology Support Center at (909) 537-7677.
If you have just registered for a course, please wait 24 hours for it to be available in Canvas. If 24 hours has passed and the course is still not visible, please reference this IT help article on Course Availability on Canvas. If the problem persists after taking these steps, please call 909-537-7677 for assistance.
Please follow the detailed directions for submitting a Coyote Photo on a Computer or submitting a Coyote Photo on a Mobile Device. For a digital ID card, reference the articles on Downloading the Digital Coyote OneCard and Using the Digital Coyote OneCard
A physical OneCard can be obtained by coming to PL 1108 Mon-Sat from 8 am to 5 pm. You will need to know your ID number and you will need to have a form of identification, such as a driver’s license, California ID, or passport.
Choose eduroam from the list of available networks. Enter your username/password in the following format:
Username: CoyoteID@csusb.edu (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org *NOTE: This is not your email address)
Password: Your CSUSB Password (same as your myCoyote password)
Further step-by-step instructions can be found by visiting the Connecting to Campus WiFi knowledge article.
If Eduroam does not show up on the list of available networks, please follow the instructions in this Knowledge Article
Student email accounts (@coyote.csusb.edu) expire one year after a student graduates. Please reference our Email Accounts for Graduated Students IT help article for detailed instructions on how to request an alumni email account, transfer your emails and files, setting up forwarding and setting up automated replies from your former student account.