Academic Technologies and Distributed Learning Committee
Dr. Jessica Getman (Chair), Assistant Professor, College of Arts & Letters
Dr. Halil Tasova, Assistant Professor, Watson College of Education
Dr. Yan Zhang, Assistant Professor, College of Natural Sciences
Dr. Reveka Shteynberg, Assistant Professor, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Dr. Yongseok Jang, Associate Professor, Jack H. Brown College of Business & Public Administration
Dr. Bradford Owen, Interim AVP for Faculty Development & Chief Academic Technologies Officer
Rose Wilson, Interim AVP and Dean, College of Extended & Global Education
Other Regular Attendees:
Micah Schiessel, LMS Administrator, Faculty Center for Excellence
Mandy Taylor, Instructional Designer, Faculty Center for Excellence
- The Academic and Distributed Technologies Committee will monitor policy issues that arise with regard to the University Policy on Distributed Learning and shall, as it considers appropriate, (a) refer a particular issue to one of the standing committees of the Faculty Senate for the development of a policy or (b) develop a policy on a particular issue itself and then refer the proposed policy to the Executive Committee of the Faculty Senate.
- The Committee will monitor and report on instructional technology and distributed learning trends and issues on campus.
- The Committee shall seek to gather and represent faculty perspectives on questions relating to teaching, learning, or researching with instructional technologies, including distributed learning and other learning technologies, and it will work with ATI to provide services and support to the faculty. Faculty are free to bring questions and requests for support to either the Committee or ATI as they choose.
- The Committee will recommend to ATI mechanisms that will support faculty in staying current on instructional technologies and distributed learning, such as opportunities for training, experimenting with emerging technologies, and support from instructional designer.
Dr. Frank Lin, Co-Chair
Fred Nainavaii, Co-Chair
Rachel Beech, AVP, Enrollment Management
Dr. Tanner Carollo, Director, Institutional Research
Michael Casadonte, Director, Digital Transformation
Anthony De La Loza, Assistant Director of Administrative Computing & User Experience (ACUx)
Vacant, Associated Students Incorporated
Terri Nelson, Professor, World Languages & Literature
Provide recommendations to IT Governance for all student, faculty and staff facing administrative systems in alignment with the CSUSB Strategic Plan, ITS Strategic Plan, vision and mission of the university.
Consult with and bring awareness to the Campus Community on impacted changes made to administrative systems including planned downtimes
Recommend improvements, integration, enhancements, and modifications to current administrative systems with best practices to anticipate and satisfy current and future demands of the Campus Community
Explore partnership opportunities with the Chancellor’s Office and other CSU Campuses
Institutional Data Team
Dr. Tanner Carollo, Co-Chair
Dr. Mihaela Popescu, Co-Chair
Gerard Au, Ex-Officio
Amy Braceros, University Registrar and Director, Office of the Registrar
Michael Casadonte, Director, Digital Transformation
Anthony De La Loza, Assistant Director, Administrative Computing & User Experience (ACUx)
Sue Gilleland, Director for Advancement Services
Dr. Vipin Gupta, Professor, Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration
Bruce Hagan, Interim Executive Director, Technology Operations and Customer Support
Annel Martin, Compliance Initiatives Lead Specialist
James Macdonell, Interim Information Security Officer
- The team provides a framework for data governance, data democratization, the ethical use of data across the campus community.
- The team provides oversight and direction on requests from third parties for institutional data for research and other purposes.
- The team reviews, discusses and makes recommendations regarding data privacy.
Information Security, Compliance & Emerging Technologies
Dr. Conrad Shayo, Co-Chair
James Macdonell, Co-Chair
Gerard Au, Ex-Officio
Amy Braceros, University Registrar
Dr. Muriel Lopez-Wagner, Chief Data Officer & Associate Vice President, Institutional Research & Analytics
Dr. Tanner Carollo, Director, Institutional Research & Analytics
Sharon Johnson, Executive Director for Human Resources
Dr. Beth Jaworski, Executive Director, Health, Counseling & Wellness
Lynniece Warren, Executive Director, Risk Management
Kandy Liu, Internal Auditor
Annel Martin, Compliance Initiatives Lead Specialist, Identity Security & Enterprise
ASI Student Representative
- The ISET subcommittee will review, develop and recommend information security and privacy protection policies and standards to comply with applicable federal, state and CSU Information Security Policies and Standards (ICSUAM 8000).
- The ISET subcommittee will provide oversight and recommendations for compliance with CSU required information security audits and compliance reports.
- The ISET subcommittee will review and provide recommendations as appropriate in support of campus information technology policies and standards.
- The ISET subcommittee will evaluate and develop as necessary campus information security policies and standards in response to emerging threats and technologies.
- The ISET subcommittee will review additional technology, security and privacy issues and concerns as they emerge.
Technology Operations & Customer Support
Sanjeet Mann, Co-Chair, Librarian, John M Pfau Library - Information Technology Department
Bruce Hagan, Co-Chair, Interim Executive Director of Technology Operations and Customer Support
Gerard Au, Interim Chief Information Officer
Vacant (Student Representative)
Bill Herbert, Information Technology Consultant, Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration
Ching-Yi Wang, Information Technology Consultant, College of Natural Sciences
Brandon Sierra, Assistant Director for Technology Support Center
David Hatch, Network Analyst, Technology Operations and Cloud Services
Gerardo Garcia-Sotelo, Operating Systems Analyst, Technology Operations and Cloud Services
Ben Derry, Operating Systems Analyst, Enterprise and Cloud Services
Earl Wilson, Network Analyst (PDC)
Robert Garcia, Interim Director, Information Technology (PDC)
Dr. Mark Atkinson, Assistant Dean, Professional and Continuing Education
Janette Flores, ITS Training Services
John Gungon, Manager, Talent Acquisition
The Technology Operations and Customer Service Subcommittee is responsible for advising and providing recommendations for the technology infrastructure, assessing and improving support operations processes, procedures and training, establishing and reviewing technology standards, and project planning, that are focused on enhancing the institutions goals of improving learning outcomes that increase student success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that we provide World Class Customer Support
- Providing a robust, reliable and resilient infrastructure
- Validate technology services and tools that improve remote learning and work
- Annually review and provide guidance to ensure the continuity of services and systems during outages, campus shutdowns and other events that do now allow the normal operations.
- Prioritize sustainability and environmentally friendly use and purchase of technology equipment
- Review, advise and recommend academic computing and research technology
- Advise and recommend Enterprise Applications, technology management systems and User Experience improvements
- Explore, prioritize and leverage Cloud Services
- Recommend major changes in the delivery of IT services or service levels
- Provide input on Digital Transformation
- Recommend specifications and technology standards for campus technology purchases (ex.: PCs, Servers, data projectors, etc.)
- Develop and recommend technology policies, procedures, use and control of technology property
- Provide input and guidance on technical training to students, faculty and staff