Welcome to the Faculty Center for Excellence
The Faculty Center for Excellence (FCE) provides coherent and comprehensive support for faculty to reach their personal and professional goals while also enhancing their teaching methodology, research-scholarly activities, and service. The FCE is led and driven by faculty that seek to strengthen their colleagues' experiences by fostering creativity, learning, inquiry, and exploration through community, collaboration, and collegiality in a diverse, equitable, and inclusive atmosphere. Furthermore, the FCE is dedicated to help:
- Coordinate mentoring services to support faculty in research, scholarship, creative activities, teaching, community engagement, and leadership
- Provide faculty with opportunities for continuous improvement through workshops, certificate programs, teaching institutes, and other events related to faculty development
- Provide an environment that values and promotes faculty initiative, exploration, innovation, and advancement
- Establish and maintain a central repository of information regarding resources and faculty professional activities
- Collaborate with ITS/Academic Technologies and Innovation (ATI) to provide faculty with training and development of quality online courses and programs
In addition to all full-time and part-time faculty, the FCE also invites graduate students who would like to further their education and jumpstart their careers to partake in the services provided by the FCE.
What else does the Center provide?
- Equipment available for check out as needed
- Laptops (Both Windows and Mac)
- Noise cancelling headphones
- Charging stations
- Coffee, snacks, and a microwave (when we are back to face-to-face)
- Lockers to keep your belongings safe during your visit (when we are back to face-to-face)
Please note that, when we reopen, our office is staffed from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
In support of CSUSB’s mission, the Faculty Center for Excellence endeavors to promote the career-long development of faculty in the areas of teaching and learning, research, scholarly and creative activities, service to the university/community/profession, mentoring and collaborative activities across campus and the community at large.
To create, implement and provide professional development programs to support all CSUSB´s tenure track faculty, lecturers and teaching associates;
To support faculty in different stages of growth and professional development;
To foster interdisciplinary collaboration and community among faculty;
To offer a comprehensive orientation program and a supportive onboarding process for new faculty that provides up-to-date and detailed information about the university, the retention, promotion and tenure process, and opportunities to network with other faculty;
To recognize, support and celebrate faculty on their accomplishments and successes.