Main Content Region

Computerized Information Access (CIA) Request



The Office of Compliance Initiatives (OCI) oversees the process and implementation of CIA request forms. Contact OCI for any questions or concerns regarding the CIA process. Depending on the access requested, CIA forms require approvals from many university departments. Please allow 3-5 business days for a response. 


Phone: (909) 537-5547

Computerized Information Access (CIA) Request

The CIA Request form documents, monitors, and manages access to enterprise resources like PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Human Resources, or Common Financial Systems, and other information systems, like OnBase Document Repository. CIA Requests are required when new access is needed or people transfer from one department to another. Forms are only active for 30 days after submission. 

The CIA Request form is processed using Cherwell by:

  • Documenting Security Administrator authorization
  • Obtaining MPP approval
  • Ensuring compliance with required training(s)

Submitting CIA Requests

Each college, division, and unit has designated individuals who are authorized to create CIA Requests on your behalf. Check to see if your department has a designated CIA delegate in our CIA Delegate Master List. If your department is not listed, email the Office of Compliance Initiatives at

CIA Delegate Master List

Informational Resources

Training Videos for CIA Workflow Approvers

Step by step instructional videos for all individuals involved in the CIA Workflow:

CIA Delegate Training Video

CIA Security Admin Training Video

CIA MPP Training Video

CIA Implementer Training Video


CIA Request Requirements

Training Requirements

All components require Data Security & FERPA Training. This training is automatically assigned to all employees (including staff, faculty, and student assistants) via CSULearn approximately 3-4 days from their start date. If you have any questions regarding this training, please contact the CSULearn team at 

Many components require additional trainings, please contact ITS Training Services at for registration information or any additional questions.

Access Requirements

  • EFA

Individuals requesting the EFA component must also request the Records component. 

  • Navigate

Navigate access can only be requested for student assistants. Staff and faculty that require this access must request the Records component. 

Additional Paperwork Requirements

The following additional paperwork must be submitted for the listed components prior to the CIA Request Form submission: 

  • Signature Authorization Form submitted to Payroll
    • Absence Management - Timekeeper 
    • Absence Management - Approver
  • Master Pay Warrant Authorization Form submitted to Payroll
    • Master Pay Warrant Authorization (MPWA)
  • Requisition Approval Authorization Form submitted to Procurement and Contracts (Purchasing)
    • Requisition - Requester
    • Requisition - Approver


Frequently Asked Questions

Can I submit my own CIA form?

No - there are delegated individuals in each area/department/college who are trained on how to submit CIA forms on your behalf. They are called CIA Delegates. Please refer to the CIA Delegate Master List that can be found on this page under 'Submitting CIA Requests'. 

How do I become a CIA Delegate?

In order to become a CIA Delegate, the appropriate administrator/dean/supervisor is required to submit a support ticket to requesting the addition of CIA Delegate permissions.

I’m not sure what access I need. How do I find this out?

Speak to your appropriate administrator/dean/supervisor to determine what access is needed to complete your specific job tasks.

What does ‘mirroring’ mean?

If your access should ‘mirror’ someone, this means your delegate will need to select the exact same access components for you as the previous individual. If your CIA delegate is unsure of what components to select, the CIA Delegate must contact our team by emailing

What if I have incorrect or incomplete access after a request is completed?

Please clear your browser cache and log back into MyCoyote and try again. If you are still experiencing issues, email to create a support ticket with the Office of Compliance Initiatives.

I already have access to a certain module in PeopleSoft, but I need more/less. How do I get that?

Please work with your CIA delegate to determine what is needed and have them submit a support ticket to

What happens when someone goes on temporary or permanent leave of absence, or temporary reassignment?

When such an event occurs, supervisors must notify human resources and email with the name, employee ID, include start and end dates of absence. The Office of Compliance Initiatives will revoke the appropriate access and notify the Supervisor upon completion. These actions are done because Supervisors are responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of sensitive information for personnel transferred to other positions, granted temporary or permanent leave of absence, or terminated from employment. 

To reinstate access, the area's CIA Delegate must submit a new CIA Request form for the returning personnel.

What is the process for submitting a CIA form for a UEC, auxiliary, or volunteer employee?

UEC, auxiliary, and volunteer employees need to be manually entered in our Cherwell employee job table. Please send an email to with the following information:

  • Requester Name
  • Requester Coyote ID
  • Department
  • Position
  • MPP Name
  • MPP Coyote ID


OCI Team Contacts
Name Title Email
Brian Vasquez Director, Information Security and Compliance
Annel Martin Compliance Initiatives Lead Specialist
Jessica Garcia  Information Security Compliance Specialist
Stephanie Garcia Information Security Compliance Specialist
Natalie Aguayo Compliance Student Assistant
Emily Gonzalez Compliance Student Assistant