If you’ve earned a degree comparable to a U.S. Bachelor’s degree, you’re eligible to apply as a graduate student.
General Application Requirements
Below are the general requirements for applying to CSUSB as a graduate student:
- English translation of non-English documents
- International Application CSUApply
- Submission of financial support statement (bank statement)
- Copy of passport
- Official transcripts sealed in an envelope by your school
- Official proof of Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in its home country
Requirements for a Master/Graduate Student
- GPA Requirement: For GPA requirement, please visit Graduate Studies
- English Language Proficiency Requirement can be met by:
- TOEFL (iBT 79/80 or PBT 550) or IELTS (General: 6.0 total band score / MBA, MPA and MSA: 6.5 total band score). Communication Studies (M.A.), Communication Studies-Integrated Marketing Communication (M.A.), English Composition (M.A.), English Composition-English Literature (M.A.), English Composition-TESL (M.A.) and Creative Writing (M.F.A.) have an English requirement of: TOEFL (iBT 90 or PBT 575), IELTS (6.5 total band score) Must be valid within the last two years.
- Successful completion of level 4 of CSUSB English Language Program
- For additional test we accept, please visit our Steps To Apply
- Many programs require an additional application. For information about program-specific application requirements and deadlines, please contact the program.
Requirements for 2nd Bachelor’s Degree
If you’ve earned a degree comparable to a U.S Bachelor’s degree and would like to apply for a second Bachelor’s degree, you must submit an undergraduate application via CSUApply.
You must also meet the general application requirements stated above with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above, TOEFL (iBT 79/80 or PBT 550) or IELTS (General: 6.0 total band score) or completion of level 6 of CSUSB English Language Program. For a list of additional tests we accept please visit our Steps to Apply.