Main Content Region

International Admissions Forms

Documentation of Financial Support for International Students

As part of the application for Admissions, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services requires that, all F-1 (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant - Form I-20) and J-1 (Certificate of eligibility for Exchange Visitor Form DS-2019) applicants provide evidence of adequate funds to meet the financial obligations of enrollment
at a U.S. college/university.
If the student will use their own personal funds as the main source of financial support, the student must fill out the form and must provide their official bank statement showing available funds.
If a private sponsor such as a family member, friend, private institution, or employer will sponsor the student, the sponsor must sign the Statement of Financial Obligation below or provide a letter declaring their relationship to the student and their intent to provide financial support throughout the student’s duration of study at CSUSB. In either case, the sponsor must also provide an official bank statement showing available funds in liquid assets.
If a public agency such as an embassy, home government, public institution or religious organization will be
sponsoring the student, the agency must sign the Statement of Financial Obligation below and provide official certification that the appropriate costs will be covered.

*Bank statements must be signed and/or seal by bank and cannot be older than 6 months from the date the student applied to CSUSB.

Documentation of Financial Support Form


Merit- Based Presidential Award for Non-Resident Students

The Merit-Based Presidential Award is available for new non-residents who meet the eligibility criteria.

Application deadlines for newly admitted students:

Fall 2024 Term- Application opens April 23, 2024 and closes July 5, 2024

Spring 2025 Term- Application opens October 31, 2024 and closes December 10, 2024

Fall 2025 Term- Application opens April 23, 2025 and closes July 4, 2025


Application deadlines for renewal for continuing students:

Fall 2024 Term- Application opens May 31, 2024 and closes June 21, 2024

Spring 2025 Term- Application opens November 29, 2024 and closes January 3, 2025

Fall 2025 Term- Application opens May 30, 2025 and closes June 20, 2025


For more information about this award, please email

Merit-Based Presidential Award Flyer


Outside Scholarship Opportunities

Institute of International Education (IIE) -

An extensive database of scholarships, fellowships, and grants organized and maintained by the Institute of International Education (IIE). Funding for US Study includes all types of funding programs for all levels of post-secondary study across the full range of academic areas.

Education USA -

Offers various scholarships for multiple education levels; eligibility and grant rewards vary.

Abroad Planet Resources -

Online community site for international students studying in the USA. Provides resources pointing to various scholarships; eligibility and grant rewards may vary.


Official College Board scholarship finder to find scholarships, other financial aid, and internships. Eligibility and grant rewards vary.

Fast Web -

Leading online resource in finding scholarships to help pay for school.

International Education Financial Aid (IEFA) -

IEFA is the premier resource for international scholarship and grant information for students.

International Scholarships -

The International Scholarship Search is the premier financial aid, college scholarship and international scholarship resource for students wishing to study abroad.

Mobility International USA -

Points to various more websites that offer exchange programs, scholarships, internships, and more.


Non-Degree Seeking Student Application

Applicants who wish to enroll in CSUSB courses and not obtain a degree are considered non-degree seeking students. As a non-degree seeking student, you can attend CSUSB for up to two terms. If you wish to extend your stay, you’ll need to submit an application through CSUApply and meet all requirements for a degree seeking program.

Requirements for Non-Degree Seeking Students:

  1. Bank/financial statement
  2. Copy of Passport
  3. Proof of English ability. For a list of English proficiency exams we accept, please visit our Steps to Apply

*Please note: It is not required, but highly recommend that you submit transcripts. The transcripts will come in handy during academic advisement.

Applications should be emailed to

Non-Degree Seeking Student Application International Transitory Student


Early Summer Starter Application (ESS)

The Early Summer Starter Application (ESS) is designed for newly admitted students to the fall term. The application is only available to those who are transferring from within the United States and are not otherwise enrolled in courses for the summer term at any other institution. ESS applications will not be fully processed until final official transcripts are submitted and Fall admission has been finalized.We do not issue I-20’s for the summer term.

We will start accepting applications March 18th.

Applications will need to be submitted by May 31st for the Summer 1 (5-week I) session and Summer 2 (10 weeks), or July 2nd for Summer 3 (5-week II) session. 

Applications should be emailed to

Early Summer Starter Application

Change of Major-Newly Admitted Undergraduate Students

This form is for newly admitted undergraduate students who wish to change their major prior to the start of classes.

All continuing students will need to submit a Change of Major with the Office of the Registrar.

Change of Major- Newly Admitted Students

Graduate Application Correction Form and Change of Program Application (COPA)

The Graduate Application Correction Form is for new students who wish to make corrections to their graduate program prior to being matriculated into the university.

The Change of Program Application (COPA) is for current students to who wish to make corrections to their graduate program.

If you have any questions regarding what form you will need to complete, please contact the International Admissions Office at

Graduate Application Correction Form

Change of Program Application (COPA)


International Admissions Appeal

International applicants who were denied admission to CSUSB based on their admission criteria have a right to appeal the initial admission decision within 15 days of the date the applicant was notified by email of their denial by the International Admissions Office.

Please Note: Incomplete Appeals will automatically be denied. Only complete appeals with all required documentation will be reviewed.

Undergraduate Applicants- Please complete the International Admissions Appeal Form- Undergraduate form below.

Graduate Applicants- Please complete the International Admissions Appeal Form- Graduate form below.

Email all completed forms to

International Admissions Appeal Form- Undergraduate

International Admissions Appeal Form- Graduate

Request to Waive English Proficiency Requirement-Graduate Students

All applicants regardless of citizenship may be required to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency if they do not have a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is English.

For more information, click on the Request to Waive English Proficiency Requirement application below.

Request to Waive English Proficiency Requirement


How to Make a Payment Online

Instructions are for matriculated international students.

How to Make a Payment Online

Authorization to Release Information

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) exists to protect your right to confidentiality and limit our ability to release information about financial records. In compliance with the Federal Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974, CSU, San Bernardino is prohibited from providing certain information from your student record to a third party, such as grades, billing, tuition and fee assessments, financial aid and other student record information. This restriction applies, but is not limited, to your parents, your spouse, or a sponsor.

Students may grant the International Admissions Office permission to release information about their student financial account to a third party (including parents, step-parents, spouse, etc.) by submitting a FERPA Authorization form.

FERPA Release Form

SEVIS Record Transfer

Newly admitted transfer students are required to complete the F-1 SEVIS Record Transfer Form. The form is to be completed by the student and current D.S.O. A completed application should be emailed directly by the D.S.O. to

F-1 SEVIS Record Transfer Form