iCoyote International Student Orientation
CSU San Bernardino (CSUSB) has returned to regular in-person classes. All international students are expected to be in the United States at the start of classes and registered in the required number of units (12 units for undergraduates and 6 units for graduates).
* International Orientation fee, $70 will be charge to student’s account after census date.
|Spring 2024||January 19, 2024||Friday||8am-5pm||TBA|
August 18, 2023
iCoyote 101 International Student Orientation is designed specifically for new international students at CSUSB. The purpose of the program is to help incoming international students transition to CSUSB and the U.S. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to meet other international students from different countries.
The in-person International Student Orientation is mandatory, and all students must attend. Failure to attend orientation will result in a hold being placed on your account. This hold will prevent you from being able to enroll in courses or receive services from our campus. Students who do not meet this requirement may fall out of status resulting in the termination of their immigration records.
The orientation process consists of 3 required parts:
Part 1: Self-paced Orientation Program
Please review the orientation videos by clicking on the “Part 1: Orientation Videos” link in the table above. These videos include useful information about the CSUSB campus and important immigration information. You must review and answer all questions after each video.
You will need to log in using the following:
- Login ID: CoyoteID@csusb.edu
- Please note: Utilizing CoyoteID@coyote.csusb.edu will not work for this log-in.
- Password: Your myCoyote password
Part 2: iCoyote 101 International Student Orientation
Register for the iCoyote 101 International Student Orientation session, by clicking the “Part 2: RSVP for iCoyote in-person Orientation” link in the table above.
Part 3: Immigration Document Submission
To complete the immigration check-in process, you need to gather all the following documents and submit copies online:
- Passport bio page -- the page with photo and date of birth
- Form I-20 or DS-2019
- Proof of health insurance, which can be purchased following the instructions here.
- CISP Risk Statement
- CISP Student Photo Release Form
- International Student Responsibilities
- FERPA Release Form
- If CSUSB issued an I-20/DS-2019 for F-2 or J-2 visas for your dependents, we require all immigration documents for each dependent, including a marriage certificate for spouses.
Once you have your documents ready, please submit by clicking on the “Part 3: Immigration Document Upload” link in the table above. You will need to log in using your CoyoteID@csusb.edu. Please use Microsoft Edge, Firefox or Chrome to access the Document Upload System as Safari is incompatible.
NOTE: If you are missing a document, please fill out the Statement of Missing Document Form for each document you are missing in order to complete the submission process. The International Student Services team will contact you if any documents are missing for immigration purposes.
Reminder: All 3 parts of the iCoyote 101 International Student Orientation are required and must be completed.
- Complete the self-paced orientation videos;
- Attend the in-person iCoyote International Student Orientation session; and,
- Submit the required documents.
What to expect at Orientation
- Meet with academic advisors
- Understand academic and graduation requirements
- Learn about immigration regulations and how to maintain status
- Get to know the International Ambassadors
- Become familiar with CSUSB policies and procedures
- Learn about health insurance requirements and benefits
- Meet international student advisors
- Make new friends