Main Content Region

Health Insurance


All international students with an F-1 or a J-1 visa must purchase year-round health insurance – including the summer – to study at California State University, San Bernardino regardless of enrollment status.

All students and scholars are required to purchase insurance through AHP Care. The only exceptions are:

  • Students on government scholarships, which provide insurance coverage, must show proof to our office in CGI 301 in order to be excluded.
  • Students on Optional Practical Training or Curricular Practical Training with an employment-based insurance plan may qualify for a waiver as long as they show proof to our office in CGI 301 that their coverage meets the minimum requirements.

All J-1 Exchange Visitors and their accompanying dependents must have health and accident insurance that includes emergency evacuation and repatriation. 

Steps to enroll in coverage:

  1. Visit AHP Care
  2. Create account or login
  3. Complete the enrollment process

Health Insurance Information:

Please download the Insurance brochure for more information on the schedule of benefits, dates of coverage, and program costs. 

Student Health Center (On-Campus)

The Student Health Center offers a variety of medical services which include primary care, immunization, nursing care and health education. In addition, the health center is conveniently equipped with a pharmacy and laboratory. For more information on the services provided, please visit the Center on campus, send an e-mail to, or call 909-537-5241.