Open University enables you to take regular degree credit courses on a space-available and instructor-approval basis, without formal admission to the university.
Registration for Summer 2022 began Friday, April 22.
Effective April 22, 2022, Open University students will be allowed to register for Summer 2022 courses in one of three Summer sessions with available seats. Instructor approvals/signatures and Department Chair approvals/signatures will only be required if: 1) the class is full, 2) the student does not meet the prerequisite requirements. If this is a graduate-level course, it starts with the number six, three approvals are required: 1) instructor, 2) Department Chair, 3) Dean of graduate studies.
Benefits of Open University:
- Explore your academic and personal interests
- Update or expand professional skills
- Raise your GPA
- Take classes if you missed CSUSB admission deadline
- Fulfill prerequisites for a future degree
- Take courses that will transfer to another university
- Pursue re-entry to CSUSB after you stopped attending