Open University enables you to take regular degree credit courses on a space-available and instructor-approval basis, without formal admission to the university.
Registration for the Spring 2024 term begins Monday, January 22, 2024.
Registration for the Spring 2024 term will begin Monday, January 22.
Instructor approval will be required. Department chair approval/signature will only be required if: 1) the class is full 2) the student does not meet the prerequisite requirements; or 3) the course is a 6000-level or above, the student will be required to obtain approvals from the instructor, department chair, and Dean of Graduate Studies. Please note the unit enrollment limit for this term is 18 units, anything over that requires a course overload form. https://www.csusb.edu/cege/open-university/forms
Benefits of Open University:
- Explore your academic and personal interests
- Update or expand professional skills
- Raise your GPA
- Take classes if you missed CSUSB admission deadline
- Fulfill prerequisites for a future degree
- Take courses that will transfer to another university
- Pursue re-entry to CSUSB after you stopped attending