CSUSB Alert: Power is out on the San Bernardino Campus

An unplanned regional power outage impacting the San Bernardino campus occurred shortly after 2 p.m; all operations will be closed the rest of today. Normal operations will resume Thursday.

Facilities Management will monitor the situation and respond to campus building issues once power is restored. 

Main Content Region






If there are any changes to your current term enrollment you will have to update your certification request. Changes in enrollment include:

  • Added course
  • Added course from waitlist
  • Dropped course
  • Withdraw from course
  • Class Swaps 
Steps for VA Certification Enrollment


STEP 1 - Log into your CSUSB MyCoyote Student Portal
  • Log in to your CSUSB MyCoyote Student Portal
  • Click on the “Student Center Tile"

Log into mycoyote

STEP 2-  " Hamburger Button" to select Veterans Benefit 
  • Look for "Hamburger" button.
  • Click on the “Hamburger Button” in student center.

Hamburger logo

STEP 3-  Select Veteran Benefit 
  • Look for Veteran Benefit
  • Click on Veteran Benefit tab

Veteran Benefit Tab

STEP 4 - Click on "Certification Request"
  • Read Veterans Educational Certification Request
  • Select/Click on “Certification Request”

Certification request

STEP 5 - Select "TERM" to update
  • Select “TERM” you would like to make the change to.
  • Once you have selected the term, information below will auto-populate.


STEP 6 Class Schedule "Update Classes to Certify" tab
  • Look for the Update Classes to Certify Tab and click on it. It will redirect you for the courses you are currently enrolled.
  • Make sure you are enrolled in the course before completing this step.

Select Classes

STEP 7  Submit Request and Return to profile 
  • Select the “New Course” you want to get certified for.
  • Click on Submit Request when ready to submit.
  • Click on Return button when done submitting request.
  • Return button will take you back to the “profile page of certification request”

Submit request and return


*Disclaimer: CSUSB does not award any of these educational benefits. You must apply to the correct agency to determine eligibility.

"GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)."


VA Debt Management Center (DMC) Debt RELIEF for Student Veterans

View Your Debt Relief Options by visiting VA Debt Management Center (DMC) Debt RELIEF for Student Veterans.

Debt Management Center Debt Portal: Manage Your VA debt. (Portal is for Veterans ONLY)

Letter from the Department of Veteran Affairs 

 How to check your certification status

  1. Open veteran's benefit portal in the student center
  2. Select initiate request, select ok, and select term
  3. View status under your veterans benefit for this term box on the top right

A few examples of the what the status of your certification means include:


Initiated- Student has not requested classes to be certified. Student has completed a "profile".

In Review- CSUSB SCO, has received the certification. Certifications are processed in the order they have been received. 

Pending- Student's certification is pending means that either we are working on your certification and notifying you.

  • Chapter 33 and Chapter 31 certifications will remain pending until CSUSB SCO bills for tuition and fees. This means that you will see this pending status until after "Census date". You will still continue to receive BAH, MHA, Book stipend, Etc. 
  • If you are chapter 1606, 35, or 30- Please check that courses that you are requesting are part of your educational plan. 
  • A pending status can mean that you are missing information and if that is the case please email us at vsc@csusb.edu. 

Reported- Student's certification has been sent to the VA electronically via VAOnce. 

Denied- There is issues with your certification. You may have failed to provide correct documentations to the SCO. Please contact the SCO if you would like further information. The Certification will not be processed. 

Sample veteran benefit status:

Certified Example