Supported by the Student Success Initiative (SSI), the SSI Graduate Research Award, formally known as the SSI Graduate Culminating Fund, is designed to support graduate student research and creative activities related to their thesis, project, or dissertation research.
The program’s goals are: 1) to stimulate research and creative activities among graduate students; 2) to foster problem-solving and problem-framing skills, synthesis skills, and creative skills; 3) to provide financial support to graduate students engaging in research and creative activities; and 4) to contribute to CSUSB’s reputation as a research and innovative institution.
The maximum award amount is $2,000. Students are eligible to receive one award during their time in a CSUSB graduate program.
If awarded, funds must be used in the awarded year. Funds cannot rollover and must be used by April 30th, 2024.
To be eligible for funding, students must:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program at CSUSB.
- Be in good academic standing (e.g. cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher).
- If appropriate submit a copy of the IRB approval letter/memo at the time of the grant submission for projects involving human subjects, vertebrate animals, or recombinant DNA.
- Students planning to graduate before Spring 2024 are ineligible.
General Submission Guidelines
The following submission guidelines should be followed:
- Application Deadline: November 6th, 2023, by 11:59 PM.
- Application and proposal submission must be submitted online through InfoReady.
- Please select the grant to which you are applying,
- Log in with your MyCoyote ID,
- Complete application
- The research proposal should be no longer than six pages. This includes the cover letter, narrative, and budget.
- All supporting documentation should be submitted at the time of the application submission.
- The proposal budget should not exceed $2000.
To view complete document guidelines click to download the green button below
Application Opens: August 17th, 2023
Application Deadline: November 6th, 2023 at 11:59pm
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact our office at email@example.com.