Associated Students Incorporated (ASI) is an on-campus organization that provides many services for students, one of which is awarding funds to support student research. They offer a substantial amount of money, which provides funding for both undergraduate and graduate student research and creative activities. The application process has become increasingly competitive, so ASI recommends that students read through each page of the application thoroughly in order to ensure it is understood completely and properly. ASI is an invaluable resource to students, so make sure to visit the ASI website to take advantage of what they offer.
This program encourages and supports both undergraduate and graduate student research and creative activities by providing funding to support student research, as well as travel-related to academic growth and development. Students may use the funding to conduct research for an independent study, an academic course, honor’s project, or master’s thesis project, to present at a conference, or attend a conference. Funds are made available through Associated Students Incorporated and Instructionally Related Programs.
There are no guarantees that any request or project will be funded. A limit of $1,000 will be awarded to a student per academic year. There is no limit to the number of requests submitted during an academic year. There are no guarantees that the full amount requested by a student will be funded.
- CSUSB undergraduates, postbaccalaureate, graduate, and doctoral students.
- Must be enrolled in the semester in which they apply.
- Must be in good academic standing.
- Undergraduate minimum GPA: 2.5
- Graduate GPA: 3.0
- All projects involving human subjects and/or vertebrate animals must submit proof of Institutional Review Board and/or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee approval as part of the application and/or prior to the release of funds.
The following submission guidelines should be followed:
- Applications are due on the 20th of each month (September- April) by 11:59 pm.
- Application and proposal submission must be submitted online through InfoReady.
- Please select the grant to which you are applying,
- Log in with your MyCoyote ID,
- Complete application
- The application must be written by the student and not the faculty mentor. Any signs of plagiarism will result in the application being withdrawn.
- The research proposal can be no longer than four pages, and all supporting documentation should be included at the time of submission. Applications that are incomplete will not be processed.
- Notification of the award will be sent to the student’s CSUSB email within 2-4 weeks following the application deadline.
- Students seeking funds to travel MUST apply for funds prior. Applications for retroactive reimbursement will not be accepted.
- Students must complete the Travel Liability Waiver.
Please review guidelines BEFOER submitting an application as retroactive reimbursement is not allowed.
GENERAL APPLICATION GUIDELINES
Applications opens every 1st of the month during September - April
Application Deadlines are the 20th of every month at 11:59PM during September - April
Travel to PRESENT or ATTEND a conference
Submit Application - Travel to Present or Attend a Conference
Funding for Research Supplies
Submit Application - Research Supplies
Travel to CONDUCT Research
Submit Application - Travel to Conduct Research