We regret that these services are temporarily unavailable while the library is closed.
Former students are given a grace period of 90 days from the end of the academic term in which they were last enrolled, to help them finish any incomplete assignments. During this 90-day period, you may continue to check out physical items and login to the library’s online resources from home as you did before.
Off-campus access to the library’s online databases ends after 90 days.
We are sorry, but the library’s contracts with our database providers allow off-campus access for current CSUSB students and employees only. Former CSUSB students and employees may come to the campus to use our online resources on-site.
If you are a member of the CSUSB Alumni Association, you are eligible to check out 5 books at a time. Bring your current CSUSB Alumni Association card to the Check-Out Desk on the 1st floor to have it activated for library use. For check-out periods, see Check-Out Policies. An alumni association card does NOT grant access to the library's online databases.
Community & Visitors
Community and visitors may get a library card in order to borrow physical books. A community/visitor card does NOT grant off-campus access to the library's online books, journals, and databases. The library’s contracts with our database providers allow off-campus access for current CSUSB students and employees only. Community and visitors may come to the campus to use the library's online resources on-site.
To get a library card:
- San Bernardino and Riverside Public School Teachers (not substitute teachers) - Bring a current photo ID and proof of employment (examples: current pay stub; letter from principal).
- Other CSU Faculty, Staff and Students - Bring a current photo ID card from your campus. Students also need a copy of their class schedule.
- Other CSU Alumni Association Members - Bring a current alumni association membership card, plus a current, official photo ID (license, passport, etc.).
- Other College or University Students - If your institution participates in the Inland Empire Academic Libraries Cooperative (IEALC), bring a current photo ID and an IEALC card (obtained from the library at your campus). Students also need a copy of their class schedule.
- All Others - Anyone age 18 or older can join the Library Associates. Annual membership is $30, lifetime membership is $300. Sign up at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor. We accept cash or checks. Bring a current photo ID, such as a CA driver's license.
Current, paid members of the CSUSB Alumni Association, the Pfau Library Associates, and other community card holders may check out up to 5 library books at a time. For check-out periods, see Check-Out Policies.
Computer Access, 1st Floor, Reference Area only
Anyone visiting the Pfau Library may use the terminals near the Research Assistance Desk on the first floor by logging on with an anonymous login. Instructions for the anonymous login are on the computers’ desktop screens.
Anonymous login provides access to all of the library’s databases but limited access to the Internet (only .edu, .gov, and .mil Web domains). Word processing, spread sheet, and other software is not available due to licensing requirements.
Guest accounts provide unlimited access to the Internet. Word processing, spread sheet, and other software is not available due to licensing requirements.
To apply, fill out the Guest Account form at the terminal near the Check-Out Desk. Then show current photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport, to staff at the Check-Out Desk so they can activate the account.
A Guest Account remains active for 7 days from the date of issue. Guests are limited to one such account per academic term.
Members of the CSUSB Alumni Association or the John M. Pfau Library Associates are eligible for guest accounts that remain active for as long as your membership is current. Accounts are created at the Check-Out Desk and require a photo ID.
Guest Accounts DO NOT provide off-campus access to the library’s online databases.
We are sorry, but our database providers’ contracts allow off-campus access only for current CSUSB students and employees.
If you are bringing your own laptop or tablet, please be advised that the university’s wireless network is restricted and requires a login. CSUSB does provide campus visitors and guests limited internet access (up to 4 hours per session) through a self-registration portal, much like any public internet hotspot (e.g. Starbucks, airports, hotels, etc.).
Printing & Photocopying
CSUSB Alumni, if you still have your Coyote OneCard, you can add cash (paper money, not coins) to it for printing and photocopying. Otherwise, you will need to purchase a Visitor card from a machine that accepts only paper money and does not give change. See Print, Copy, Fax & Scan for more details.