Former students are given a grace period of 90 days from the end of the academic term in which they were last enrolled, to help them finish any incomplete assignments. During this 90-day period, you may continue to check out physical items and login to the library’s online resources from home as you did before.
Off-campus access to the library’s online databases ends after 90 days.
We are sorry, but the library’s contracts with our database providers allow off-campus access for current CSUSB students and employees only. Former CSUSB students and employees may come to the campus to use our online resources on-site.
If you are a member of the CSUSB Alumni Association, you are eligible to check out 5 books at a time. Bring your current CSUSB Alumni Association card to the Check-Out Desk on the 1st floor to have it activated for library use. For check-out periods, see Check-Out Policies. An alumni association card does NOT grant access to the library's online databases.
Community & Visitors
Community and visitors may get a library card in order to borrow physical books. A community/visitor card does NOT grant off-campus access to the library's online books, journals, and databases. The library’s contracts with our database providers allow off-campus access for current CSUSB students and employees only. Community and visitors may come to the campus to use the library's online resources on-site.
To get a library card:
- San Bernardino and Riverside Public School Teachers (not substitute teachers) - Bring a current photo ID and proof of employment (examples: current pay stub; letter from principal).
- Other CSU Faculty, Staff and Students - Bring a current photo ID card from your campus. Students also need a copy of their class schedule.
- Other CSU Alumni Association Members - Bring a current alumni association membership card, plus a current, official photo ID (license, passport, etc.).
- Other College or University Students - If your institution participates in the Inland Empire Academic Libraries Cooperative (IEALC), bring a current photo ID and an IEALC card (obtained from the library at your campus). Students also need a copy of their class schedule.
- All Others - Anyone age 18 or older can join the Library Associates. Annual membership is $30, lifetime membership is $300. Sign up at the Check-Out Desk on the first floor. We accept cash or checks. Bring a current photo ID, such as a CA driver's license.
Current, paid members of the CSUSB Alumni Association, the Pfau Library Associates, and other community card holders may check out up to 5 library books at a time. For check-out periods, see Check-Out Policies.
Computer Access, 1st Floor, Reference Area only
Anyone visiting the Pfau Library may use the terminals near the Research Assistance Desk on the first floor by logging on with an anonymous login. Instructions for the anonymous login are on the computers’ desktop screens.
Anonymous login provides access to all of the library’s databases but limited access to the Internet (only .edu, .gov, and .mil Web domains).
Guest account logins allow temporary, unrestricted internet access on the first floor terminals. Guest accounts are good for 7 days from the date of issue. To have a guest account created, inquire at the Check-Out Desk. You will need to present a current photo ID card such as a driver's license.
If you have your own laptop or tablet, you may prefer to connect it to the campus wireless network. You do not need to create a Pfau Libary guest account to do so! Just connect to the "CSUSB-Visitor" network on your device.
If you are bringing your own laptop or tablet, CSUSB provides campus visitors and guests time-limited Internet access (up to 4 hours per session) through a self-registration portal. Connect to the "CSUSB-Visitor" network on your device, open your web browser, and you will be prompted to enter your name and email so that you can use the visitor connection. Using the campus wireless network allows you to access the library's databases.
Printing & Photocopying
Printing and photocopying costs money and requires a print card. CSUSB Alumni, if you still have your Coyote OneCard, you can add cash (paper money, not coins) to it for printing and photocopying. Otherwise, you will need to purchase a Visitor card from a machine that accepts only paper money and does not give change. See Print, Copy, Fax & Scan for more details.
The first-floor terminals are already set up to print. Wireless printing is available if you are connecting your own device to the CSUSB-Visitor network. The wireless printing site will ask for your Coyote ID number, but the number is only a label for your print job, so you can enter any 9-digit number you would recognize, such as 123456789.