For an emergency loan, contact Student Financial Services (909) 537-5162 or visit their webpage to complete the Student Emergency Loan application. Loans may range from $50 to $600 for any emergency other than tuition and fees.
- The borrower can have only one emergency loan per academic year (Fall – Summer)
- The borrower must have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- The borrower cannot have a past due balance on their account.
- The borrower cannot have a collection charge within the past two academic years.
- The borrower must be enrolled for the current quarter.
- The borrower cannot have a late charge for a previous emergency loan within the past two academic years.
The Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive Program
The Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive Program was instituted to diversify the pool of qualified faculty candidates. CDIP is one of the largest programs in the nation. The program provides significant financial support to full-time doctoral students enrolled in an accredited institution here or abroad. In some cases, the loan principal and interest are "forgiven." Applications can be downloaded at the CSU website.
The Pre-Doctoral Program offers grants for economically and/or educationally disadvantaged juniors, seniors, and master's students intending to pursue a Ph.D. The program includes funds to support travel to conferences and doctoral institutions and may include additional funding for summer research projects. Applications for this CSU-wide competition can be downloaded at their website.