The Faculty/Student Grants offered by the Office of Student Research (OSR) are designed to facilitate the initiation and development of collaborative research or creative activity (RCA) between students and faculty. Projects under this program are intended to provide students with in-depth “hands-on” experience in the research or creative activity process.
The maximum amount of $1,000 may be awarded to each faculty/student team. The number of grants awarded depends on budgets and the funds available to the Office of Student Research each year.
All faculty members (tenured, tenure-track, lecturer) are eligible to apply. Students must be full-time in any program at CSUSB and must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. All projects involving human subjects and/or vertebrate animals must submit proof of Institutional Review Board and/or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee approval as part of the application and/or prior to the release of funds.
General Submission Guidelines
The following submission guidelines should be followed:
- Application and proposal submission must be submitted online through InfoReady.
- Please select the grant to which you are applying,
- Log in with your MyCoyote ID,
- Complete application
- The research proposal should be no longer than six pages. This includes the cover letter, narrative, and budget.
- All supporting documentation should be submitted at the time of the application submission.
- The proposal budget should not exceed $1,000.
- If you have received an OSR grant before, please be aware that preference will be given to new applicants, unless funding permits for additional awardees.
Please note that due to budgetary constraints, we can no longer accept applications for the Faculty/Student Grant.