Welcome to the Coyote Research Fellowship Program, an enriching and dynamic journey designed to ignite the passions of aspiring behavioral and biomedical researchers. Sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), this program is committed to nurturing talent, helping students find supportive mentors, and supporting students as they begin to think about their future paths as students at CSUSB and beyond.
Our program is dedicated to guiding underrepresented minority first-year freshmen and transfer students as they explore the captivating world of behavioral and biomedical research. This program offers a structured mentorship framework, where faculty members with expertise in various behavioral and biomedical research fields guide and support fellows throughout their journey. As a fellow, you will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with faculty mentors on cutting-edge research projects, enhancing your scientific knowledge, critical thinking skills, and laboratory techniques. Additionally, you will have access to workshops, seminars, and networking events to further enrich your understanding of the biomedical research landscape.
- Faculty Mentorship: Experience personalized guidance from experienced faculty mentors who are leaders in their respective fields. Benefit from their wisdom and insights as they nurture your scientific curiosity.
- CRF Cohort: Join a vibrant community of like-minded peers who share your passion for biomedical research. Collaborate, learn, and grow together on this inspiring journey.
- Research Opportunities: Get a sense of research projects that contribute to the advancement of scientific knowledge.
- Professional Development: Engage in workshops, seminars, and discussions that enhance your scientific skills, communication abilities, and understanding of the broader research landscape while also thinking about how research will help advance your career here at CSUSB and beyond.
- Inclusivity: We celebrate diversity and believe in fostering an inclusive environment where every voice is heard and valued.
The Coyote Research Fellowship Program spans an academic year, starting in September and concluding in May. Throughout this time, participants engage in bi-weekly meetings, workshops, and research-focused activities.
Application Deadline Monday September 4th, 2023 at 11:59pm via InfoReady