The Coyote Research Ambassador Program (CRA) was created as an initiative to widen participation in research and creative activities of students at CSUSB among but not limited to, first-year freshmen, transfer students, and underrepresented minority students, as studies have found that university students are the best fit to serve as role models due to their proximity in age (Gartland, 2014, 2015; Sanders and Higham, 2012).
CRAs are a diverse group of exceptional students with experience in research and creative activity. CRAs work to inspire broader engagement in research and creative activity by educating and serving the CSUSB campus community through meaningful involvement on campus and with students.
The mission of the Coyote Research Ambassador Program (CRA) is to further the development of a research culture across CSUSB through peer-to-peer recruitment, advisement, and support of the OSR.
- Increase the awareness of the OSR’s programs, services, and opportunities
- Increase student participation across all colleges
- Increase students' understanding of the research process.
- Increase the number of students involved in research and creative activities at CSUSB.
Benefits of Being a Coyote Research Ambassador
The benefits of the program include
- Knowledge in networking
- Public speaking
- Leadership development
- Increased competitiveness in graduate and professional school applications.
- Ambassadors often receive additional grant opportunities and other professional development experiences as a result of their involvement.
Participation as an Ambassador offers the following benefits (Note* Benefits are subject to change by the OSR as needed and are subject to ambassador performance):
- Polo t-shirt
- Build your CV with great experience
- Interact with faculty and students
- Gain knowledge in networking, public speaking, and leadership skills
- Increase participation in research at CSUSB
- Access to grant funding
Apply to be a Coyote Research Ambassador!
Applications accepted through the 23-24 school year.
How Coyote Research Ambassadors Can Help You
- Assist you with the research process from finding a faculty mentor and research opportunity to how to disseminate your research.
- Mentor you through the grant proposal writing process and how to get involved in research on and off-campus.
- Give a short presentation to your class or department about their experiences in research or creative activities, and the support offered by the OSR.
- Share their personal experiences and opinions on the best practices regarding their direct collaboration with a faculty mentor.
CRA Ambassador Request
Thank you for your interest in scheduling an appointment with one of our Coyote Research Ambassadors (CRA's). Please complete this form below, and someone from our office will contact you within 48 hours to schedule your appointment.
Please note CRA advising is currently available:
- Wednesday from 10:00am-1:00pm
- Friday from 10:00am-12:00pm
- 30-minutes virtual sessions via zoom
To request a CRA for a consultation, please complete our online request form.
To request a CRA for a presentation or for consultation, please complete our online request form.