Success in the field of public administration involves networking and engagement. PA students are encouraged to get involved in student and professional organizations.
The American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) is the largest professional public manager organization. It publishes Public Administration Review and a variety of other journals. Student memberships are affordable and it provides a window into the profession. Join on the ASPA website. The Inland Empire chapter of ASPA has monthly programs for networking and education. Connect with them through the Inland Empire Chapter of the American Society of Public Administration (IEASPA).
|Pi Alpha Alpha -- the Public Administration National Honor Society||Dr. Thomas McWeeney|
|Research Institute for Public Management and Governance||Alexandru Roman|
|Leonard Transportation Center||Dr. Kimberly Collins|
Other professional organizations include:
- The International City/County Management Association
- The Society for Human Resource Management
- The Government Finance Officers Association
- The Southern California Municipal Management Association
- The California Society of Municipal Finance Officers
- The Association of Government Accountants
- The American Planning Association (California)
- The National Federation of Municipal Analysts
For Public Speaking practice, contact our Toastmasters Club.