Skip banner navigation
Skip to main content
Main Content Region
Advancement to Candidacy
Advancement to Candidacy Requirements:
- Complete five classes or 20 quarter units.
- Achieve classified status in the program (completing all prerequisites).
- Students must prepare and file a Request for Advancement to Candidacy (found on our Forms page). This will list all the courses you will take before the degree can be awarded. Drop off the form at the PA office or email to the Admin Support Coordinator.
- Attend a mid-program Advising session. A session is held once each term where you will review your Advancement to Candidacy form, and talk about completing the MPA. At that point we can approve your Advancement to Candidacy.
- You cannot take PA 680 until you are Classified and have Advanced to Candidacy.
- If you change the courses you plan to take after filing the Advancement to Candidacy (for instance change electives) you must contact Marisol or Toni to submit a Change of Program Form to Records.
Spring 2020 - Advancement to Candidacy Advising Session:
- Saturday, April 25, 2020, 11:00 am in JB-280 (Zoom is available)