The Master of Public Administration program at California State University, San Bernardino provides student centered learning that prepares students to become effective public service and nonprofit professionals and community members. We serve students and communities, primarily from the Inland Empire region of Southern California and surrounding areas, through enhancing the knowledge of public affairs, administration, and policy of a highly diverse population. We are committed to teaching ethical behavior, democratic values and the practical complexities of governance. To sustain and constantly enrich our educational offerings, we support faculty efforts to remain current in their fields and to develop and disseminate knowledge of public administration and pedagogy through applied and basic research.
The MPA Program at CSUSB is proud to be nationally accredited by NASPAA, the Network of Schools of Public Affairs, Policy and Administration.
Students who graduate from the MPA program should have the ability:
- to lead and manage in public governance;
- to participate in and contribute to the policy process;
- to analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions;
- to articulate and apply a public service perspective;
- to communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry.
See our Mission statement and objectives
- Our learning outcomes are assessed through a Comprehensive Examination taken by students at the conclusion of their program. Go to PA 6890 - Comprehensive Exam for exam format and requirements.
- Student performance is evaluated through the Comprehensive Exam Analysis.
- The MPA program enrolls approximately 202 students per semester. Class size is 20-30 students.
- For general demographics of CSUSB and the MPA program see the University Statistical Factbook.
- The CSUSB Master of Public Administration program was reaccredited in 2017. See the 2017 NASPAA Decision Letter
- For more Information see: NASPAA's Information for Students